cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Split using the Graphical Mapping Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a little confused right now... so I turn to you for help!

I found this excellent blog:

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

It details how to do a message split using the Graphical Mapping Tool. WHich is exactly what I want!

But then I found this on help.sap.com:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Which states that:

Messages cannot be sent by using different Adapter Engines in a mapping-based message split. This affects configuration thus: All receiver agreements that have a receiver interface from the mapping entered in the key must only be assigned communication channels with the following adapter types:

- RFC Adapter

- SAP Business Connector Adapter

- File/FTP Adapter

- JDBC Adapter

- JMS Adapter

- SOAP adapter

- Marketplace adapter

- Mail Adapter

- RNIF adapter

- CIDX Adapter

I have a simple mappling split where I want to take a file containing multiple materials and send them one by one to a PROXY into SRM. To send to proxy I want to use the HTTP adapter which is not listed above. BUT if I read it correctly it will work, as long as I dont try to do the interface determination based on the mapping.

Is this correct, that it will work I mean? I think so but not sure about the wording in the sentence above, and wanted to check before I go destroy my mapping.

Thanks!

Nam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nam,

for your purpose you need to do a so called multi-mapping in BPM.

To do this, in your message mapping set the occurence of your target-message to 0..unbounded (as written).

After this transformation-step you need to define a BLOCK.

<b>A good sample to do this is in IR: SWC: SAP-BASIS.</b>

Regards Mario

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your scenario is simple and straight fwd like from one source to one target then you can split message without BPM. As Priyanka said in the message mapping go to Message Tab and set the target message occurance to unbounded. Then in the Interface Mapping in the target interface section you will find the occurance in the last column, change occurance to unbounded.

While doing configuration you have to go for Enhanced Interface Determination thats it.

Provided you are above sp14, incase of any lowere SP'a you will not even able to activate your mapping program as it will expect ABSTRACT interface to do multimapping.

Thanks,

Prakash

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>> I have a simple mappling split where I want to take a

> file containing multiple materials and send them one

> by one to a PROXY into SRM. To send to proxy I want

> to use the HTTP adapter which is not listed above.</i>

For proxy scenarios you use XI adapter...

For message splitting all you need to do is specify your i/b inteface in the mapping editor and in the MESSAGES tab

chnage the occurance of the target message from 1 to 1..unbounded.But since you are using XI adapter which sits on the ABAP engine,it will be difficult to do this.

Enhanced interface determination is used to realise multimapping.

Priyanka