cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy of GTS - Productive to Test - How to ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are planning a copy of our SAP sytems from productive to test. We did this already several times including ERP, BW and CRM systems. Now for the first time GTS is involved, too. Is there any special information available on how to do this for GTS 8.0?

I know that information about ERP - Logical System is included in customs document data (/SAPSLL/CUHD_0251_S-ORGLOGSYS) and suppose that this has to be changed to Logical System ID of the ERP test system after the copy.

Any information regarding this topic would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ulrich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We got an issue that the GTS quality system that it was pointing to old backend system. Apart from following the link, we had to check BD97 to update the right logical system. This resolved the issue.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=E8A286DD-A6EF-43F9-9371-CD3ECCDD63AA&idea_id={634C0DE9...

Regards

Santan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

As far as I know, the Logical System substitution is taken care of automatically. But you have to take care of the Logical System GROUP (field GRVSY). The field appears in 25 tables, and you will need to write a small program to convert the data. Of course, depending on your use of the system, you may not need to convert data in ALL of those tables.

Best regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your feedback!

Concerning Logical System I already talked to our basis guys. They will use trx BDLS to convert it during copy/refresh process.

Concerning Logical System Group I think we are safe as we are using the same Logical System Groups (GRPERP for ERP system + GRPGTS for GTS system) across our system landscape for Dev, Test and Prod. After system copy we just need to check/change the grouping table /SAPSLL/TCOGVA itself for correct entries.

Thanks again and regards,

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Dave.

Is it as simple as that? Create a 'find and replace' program, then execute it for the tables that have (production) values in the field GRVSY?

I find it surprising that SAP has not catered for this, in a similiar fashion to BDLS.

Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Regards. Anton Sissing

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

My thoughts are documented in this "idea", which you may care to vote for:

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave.

Thank you for the linkage.

How many votes to get "GTS team interested in our "real world"challenges :-)"?

Regards. Anton

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ha! - good question.  Yours would certainly help, but I don't see your name in the voters list

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave.

You got my vote.

Question: for the Q\A tables, e.g. /SAPSLL/PNTPR, that reference the GRVSY field; would a simple 'find and replace' tool do the job? (i.e. in the QA system, replace the production value in GRVSY with the QA value.)

Would there be data integrity issues?

Please share your views. Thank you.

Anton

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

That's exactly the sort of thing I want SAP to tell us!  But yes - you're right, as far as I know, and there shouldn't be any data integrity issues.

In GTS 10.0 there are 29 tables that use the GRVSY field, and many of those could be candidates for your attention.  Of course it depends on which modules you are using, and in some cases whether you have made configuration entries by Logical System Group (recommended) or by Logical System.

Regards,

Dave

frank_bork
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave, hi Anton,

do you have created in the meantime a program for updating the GRVSY field in the 29 tables?

I have now exactly the same problem and it will be time saving to use an already tested program 🙂

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Frank