Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost variance in resource related billing

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a situation that is when the transaction DP91 is run for resource related billing, for 100% billed, for hours 45.5 hours.

the cost for the 45 hours is taking differntly and for .50 hours it is taking differntly.

couold you please guide me how shall i proceed further to investigate.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to ODP1 and select your Profile>Usage>Characteristics. Check Characteristics of Activity Number/Type and also mark the activity for Material Determination.(check mark).

In the Material Determination --> Criteria maintain set and include both Activity Types for the set.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ranganatha. Patnala

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ranganatha Rao,

Thank you very much for your reply, i have verified, same way settings are made. activity type has the material determination and in the material determination -criteria set, both activities are present.

the only thing is cost which is maintained for the activity is 33.57, but when DP91 was been created it took 55.41. from where system took this price not able to understand.

pls suggest any other analysis which i need to perform.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

The price for Activity Type is maintained in Transaction KP26.

Choose your Version, Period (From & To), Fiscal Year, and Cost Center and below choose the Activity type.

In the menu GoTo-->Overview Screen.

Maintain Price for your Activity type. Save.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ranganatha. Patnala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your time sheet for these hours and see if there is any different "Activity Type" is used for 0.5 hrs. If yes, then check the hourly rate for the sender cost centre and that activity type combination to see whether the rates maintained are different.

Regards

Sreekanth

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sreekanth,

Thank you very much for the reply, i am conmpletely new to this process.

could you please also guide me with the transactions how i need to proceed.

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the project / WBS against which the time netry was made run CN48N and you will be able to identify the sender cost centre and activity types for each entries. This will help you identify whether the 0.5 hr entry has a different combination compared to rest. If yes, run teh KSBT for this to get the hourly rate.

Regards

Sreekanth

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekanth,

thank you very much for the inforamtion, i have checked the way you have guided and found that the 2 different types of activities are been used, but the cost which is maintained for the .500 HR's is 33,57. but system picked 55,41. which means though the activity types are different, price when creating the DP91 for .500 hrs it took wrong pricing.

could you please guide me how shall i do further analysis.

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure you are looking at the correct price (currency) in KP26. We do have a provision of maintaining the rates in controlling area and object currency. It seems the two numbetrs which you mentioned are apart by ~1.65, so looks to me like a currency translation. If this not the case then you have to check for this activity type the material combination and see whether there is any mark-up for this material from sales side for customer billing.

Regards

Sreekanth

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekanth,

thanks for your response and i have verified the currency and currency conversions, even that is not the case, as the currency is EUR in accounting and in sales as well.

could you please elaborate to me how shall i check the material and activity type combination and their cost's from sales side for billing.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I know of two options from sales side. One using VK13 and the second in the SO extras menu you have an option for pricing agreements.

Regards

Sreekanth