Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Data retrieval

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

how to retrieve BW data from the Webdynpro DC., Apart from using the webservices.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use the BIApplicationFrame (which is basically just a view, so no data retrieval layer which can be exposed to you WD app)

Or you could use RFC

Why wouldn't you want to use web services?

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Its not that i dont want to use the webservices.

I want to know the other way of retrieving the data from BW in WD Java.

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

can u please provide some material on the same. so that i can refer to and i can use those data from the BW in my WD UI Elements.

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I just need one clarification on BIApplicationFrame,

is it like, when i modify the data in WD Java using BIApplicationFrame, the data in BW also gets updated?

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my understanding, this element just displays your BI/BW BEx view as-is; you could see it as a container for displaying auxiliary content

For more info, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/4a/985a42ed221253e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Robin can u please tell me, the webservices for Accessing BW.

Any other alternative which modifies the data as well in BW.

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi robin, can we use any standard rfc Of bw in WD?

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, any standard and custom created function module can be used

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you robin. Will get back to you if i have any queries.

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

is it like we can use the custom function modules of SAP BW and import in webdynpro java as a model?

Edited by: Ratish Rao on Oct 13, 2011 10:31 AM

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/7c95731a9c5918e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

hi, this speaks about creating only rfc destination. can u please tell me how to create the rfc connection for SAP BW and for my Java server. So that BW can send & recieve the modified data

Edited by: Ratish Rao on Oct 13, 2011 11:58 AM

Edited by: Ratish Rao on Oct 13, 2011 11:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a standard BAPI "RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA" which you can call in web dynpro java pass the query string ,info provider,parameters etc and fetch the output of BW query.

Regards

Radhika

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK,

1. then is it possible for me to send the modified data from the Webdynpro java back to BW.?

2.can you provide me the information for setting up the RFC Connection between the BW and J2EE Server.

Please provide the material link if possible.

Thank You in Advance.

Edited by: Ratish Rao on Oct 14, 2011 5:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create RFC destination in Visual Admin(NW 7.) providing detials of the backedn BW system.

You can find many documents related to creating RFC destination and calling BAPI in Web dynpro jaba using that.

If you need some more inputs let me know.

Regards

Radhika

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Could you please tell, what are standard JCo used for connectivity between J2EE server and BW Server.

Edited by: Ratish Rao on Oct 17, 2011 2:03 PM

ratish_rao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for Your reply. I have given the points for all who have replied me.

Answers (0)