cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll out project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why there is requirement of roll out of the system.

If we have system running for europe region,we can use the same system for Asia region. Is it correct ?

What is the need of roll out project ?

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat

There are roughly three ways to implement and deploy a SAP solution -

1. Global Design and Global Deployment (Big Bang approach).

2. Global Design and Pilot Deployment + Local Deployment (Rollout approach)

3. Pilot Design and Pilot Deployment + Delta Design & Deployment

The term Rollout is usually used when you decide on Option 2. Which means you already have a Global design but had not initially deployed it globally due to various factors (budget/ risk/ resource constraints, etc). In a rollout, you deploy your global design locally making necessary design changes (localization) due to the legal requirements, documentation requirements etc.

Depending on how 'global' the global design was, you may also make modifications to the global design itself. At which stage its difficult to distinguish from the third approach.

Note that global and local do not necessarily refer to geography. It could refer to a subset of customers, products, etc also.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your reply.

If we talk from APO perspective and DP specifically - there shold not any legal issue right ?

I am just asking that supose we have APO system for Europe then why we can need to have roll out project for Asia Pacific Region. In the same system They could have used the same PA and MPOS to do the planning.

I just asking becasue in roll out project we generally create a fresh new set up based on other.

Thanks,

Prabhat

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

It seems you are getting confused.

Though this forum is meant as a window for resolution of technical issues from experts, and not to give "general" information, let me try to explain.

Rollout would mean that the particular region/business/geography/country goes live. Till this time, it wasn't mapped in the system.

In most of the cases, these NEW region/business/geography/country would use the same system, but in some cases, they might be using a new system itself.

Assume that we are talking about the rollout for country India. Assume your system has gone live only for US region sometime in the past. Set-up definitely would be NEW for India as during go-live of US region you would not have maintained India as a location. Only when Asia region goes live or country India goes live, you would add India and China, for example. And it would be in the Asia go-live that you would need to take care of setting up ALL of the master data/transaction data for the locations which are coming in Asia region. Using same PA/POS is again a design topic - you could use the same or you could separate them for maintenance/performance reasons.

Hope this explains to you.

PS: You would not need to bother about legalities unless you are in legal department. The company would take care of legal aspects, including taxataion for services, etc. It's definitely not a question to be asked in a technical forum.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i ask, what do you mean by roll out project, though the company is the same but through my experience i have seen some clients with completely different business process in different countries, i don't know what your scenario is but, at least 90% of the time the clients deal with different regions one at a time as there will be multiple differences in how each country handles the business and so they want to configure to that needs separately.