cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dcdef file error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a WDJ application in 7.0 and iam trying to recompile the project in 7.3. I have imported the Development configuration and created a project.After that the system gave a message asking to Migrate the project.When i click on Ok then the system gave an error saying that

Failed to check-out file '.dcdef' of project PTLC_TRSS7SP4_Mptlctrsctlrsvptlc.com

On the Migration Report i can see COULD NOT SET DC PROPERTY message.

I have no idea about .dcdef checkout and i tried to delete the existing wdp_gen folder and also tried to reimport the config.

It didnt worked.I have deleted my workspace completely and eventhough it doesnt work.

Is there a way to get rid of this problem.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas,

Thanks for the response.I have deleted the project,restarted NWDS and deleted all local workspace contents,imported the config again.

The issue got resolved.

thanks for response.

Reg

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srider,

Are you directly importing the development configurations containing the DCs developed using Developer studio 7.0 into the Developer Studio for CE 7.3?

I doubt something has gone wrong with your project file system.

Please check whether the files with extension .dcdef are present under the below mentioned path or not

DCs\<DC Namespce>\<DC Name>\_comp folder;

Every component (DC) is defined by a set of files, stored and versioned together with the

component in the repository.

u2022 A file with the reserved name .dcdef stores the basic attributes such as name,

description and component type, the parent component (if there is one), a list

of child components (if there are any), a list of dependencies, links to the component

sources, and the access control list. The .dcdef file must be stored directly

in the _comp folder.

u2022 The folder _comp/def contains one file for each public part of the component,

which carries the name of the public part with the extension .pp. This file contains a list

of the development objects belonging to the public part and an access control list for

this public part.

Both .dcdef and .pp files are stored in an XML-based format; you can display them in the

content display of the Repository Browser or with any text editor. However, this is

not necessary. To create and edit these files, use the component tools of the SAP NetWeaver

Developer Studio.

In exceptions, you can manually repair the .dcdef or a .pp file of a component.

Note that direct manipulations are dangerous and can render a component

unusable.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all please confirm, that you have proceeded as per the guide:

Migrating Web Dynpro Java Applications from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to Composition Environment 7.1

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40af00ad-8080-2a10-88b5-cc4cec99d...

The guide is from 7.0 to 7.1 but the procedure for 7.3 should be pretty much the same.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin / John,

My question is not yet answered

Thanks,

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you can checkout all the file in the dc then start the migration.