Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings required for Forecast Consumption with Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have one scenario:

Forecast for Finsihed Product - "PNG_Fert" in Location "1000".

I have forecast quantity of 500, now our requirement is - when SNP heuristic run will take place (without any sales order quantity) then there should not be any planned orders creation.

Planned order creation should happen Only if any one places sales order from ECC , which comes to APO then against that sales order forecast quantity should consume and should create the planned orders equal to the nos. of sales order quantity.

So if I have forecast of 500 qtys and sales order of 90 qtys then heuristic run should yield/create the planned order of 90 qtys and there should be 500-90 = 410 forecast quantities remaning.

Please let me know which strategy will be used and other setting in ECC and APO.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use planning strategy "PLANNING WITHOUT FINAL ASSEMBLY". Strategy 50 in ECC and 30 in APO. In this you can have forecasts and you can do the planning for the forecasts. But the planned orders created cannot be converted to production order. When the sales order comes in the forecast will be consumed and only for the sales order quantity a new convertible planned order will be created.

Also the forecast and sales orders will be handled in different segments. This will help you to clearly track the changes.

If you don't want to handle the sales orders in MTO segment, then the same can be achieved by using strategy 52.

For more information please check the below link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/cb/7f9b7043b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thank you for your response. I have done the settings.

Now the problem is : with strategy 30 in APO and 50 in ECC system is creating the planned order against forecast and that is not convertible to production order : this is ok.

But when I am placing the sales order from ECC and running the heuristic it is creating new planned order and not consuming the existing forecast/planned orders. Please let me know if any chage has to be done in Category group?

I am Using standard settings only.

and for K01 Consumption Sales Orders my Category is BM

and other category or category group setting is needed then please let me know.

Thanks in adavnce.

Vishal

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your requirement type determined in sales order. It should be KEV.

Are you using demand planning in APO or getting the PIRs from ECC demand management? Please check the situation in MD04 - whether you are able to see the forecast consumption - and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is solved since forecast date was not aligned with sales order date so it (sales order was) was not consuming the forecast. It is working fine now.

Regards,

Vishal