cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message in MDS log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yesterday i ran the matching rules for about 30 min to check any inconsistency .After this i saw the MDS log and i am getting the following message everytime.Please tell me what this means.Is it a exception or an error or its just a message.

Sent CatMgr2 notification "MatchingProgress" to CatMgr2 subscribers on repository AAA FMU.WORLDORCL_21_9_4_3.

Please need your valuable inputs here

Thanks in advance

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am again reopening this question .

I am getting the message in MDS log as

1st message

" Sent CatMgr2 notification ""MatchingProgress"" to CatMgr2 subscribers on repository ABC

2nd message

"Unable to find specified user: abcsupport " This user id is not created in console the repository but still i am getting this message against the repository ABC

Please help me understand this

regards

nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please provide following details:

-> Repository name

->Steps to reproduce

->Which user/role you are using?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Below are the details

Repository Name : - It is a customised repository

Steps to reproduce : - Run the matching rule for records and we are able to get this message in log

User/Role : - User ( mdmsupport ) Lead role ( with all fields ticked othet thn changinf the maps )

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just for trial and error purpose,

try creating a user 'abcsupport' and give in necessary role.

and then run the matching strategy.

I guess this user was present earlier and now it has been removed.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

There is also a user id created in console but still we get his id in loag also stating that Unable to find the user *******

Thanks and Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you check the repositoy.

If you find an error repair it.

and then run the strategy.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Its a customized repository and i ran around 8 to 10 strategies during this half an hour time.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

This is just a message telling you about what activities ran at what time.

You can also see this under the Activities icon (below logs).

Here activity refers to the MDM internal protocol and command name of the activity.

These activities are one time snap shot of the events and details of the same are listed with the thread number of the MDS activity processing the command that the user has given.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way to disable this.We have many repositories running and we perform matching in almost all repositories .But this message is specific to this repository only.Can u please throw light on this.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Is there any way to disable this.We have many repositories running and we perform matching in almost all repositories .But this message is specific to this repository only.Can u please throw light on this.

So what you are trying to achieve is that you want to disable Log entry.

But this is not possible as it is done for all activities on MDS.

Further,this is at server level so it includes all the entries at different repositories levels.

I guess,you might have checked only one timestamp entry,check for other entries also for the same day.

Click on the header level and then you see the details of activities/notifications/Errors/Warnings.

What you can do is that you can EDIT filters on the log details pane,you can choose type of severity in this filter.

Info - Normal system activity which requires no follow-up activity.

Warning -Further action is required to prevent a future problem.

Error -Uncorrected problem occurred which caused a major operation to fail.

Fatal -Failure occurred which caused the server to shut down.

This setting is stored on your local pc and you can view only selected severity.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Kindly close or update the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the answer but the other part of question is still unanswered.We are running the matching for many repositories then why this message is shown only for one repository.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Possible reason to this can be you did this in 2 different time periods resulting them being part of 2 different logs.

Under Date/Time header you have MDS_Log generated based on different time periods.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NItin,

What is the repository name and also mention the strategy name.

Thanks,

Ravi