cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Different transmission mediums for a single output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to assign or link two different transmission mediums to a single output type (for example BAOO output type and mediums are 1-Print & 6-EDI)

When i do the same in transaction VV11 system shows the message

"The condition is being processed in the current session. A condition record with the same variable key is already being

processed."

*As per my understanding in SAP standard process we cannot link 2 different transmission mediums to a single output type, but i want what is the reason behind it.*

*Can any one give reason why in standard SAP process, we cannot link 2 different transmission mediums to a single output type.*

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main reason I see is that the structure of the condition record does not allow it. Behind the condition record we are having the condition table. When we enter two condition records with two different media - we enter two times the same key in the table (because the transmission medium is not part of the table key). So technically it is not allowed to do so. Not in the condition table and in any other table.... As duplicate keys are not allowed.

I think this is the simple technical reason.

Another question would be why did SAP never changed it. From my point of view that is not needed as creating two condition record is a fast solution to avoid the problem mentioned below. So I thik this is sufficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check .

For one condition record with the same key you can have only one media assigned. If you wish to send e.g. printout and email at the same time you will need two output types. I guess with a special development it should be possible to tirgger two media at once but this will be a much bigger effort.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

It is possible to maintain.Please check by maintaining for BA00 output type with transmission medium 1-Print out & 7 - simple mail

if you are trying to do with EDI , then check wheather the partner function has been maintained in VOE4 or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried but is not possible and showing the same message.

With the help of technical feasibility we can do it.

But i want the reason why SAP STANDARD does not allow to link 2 diff transmission mediums to one output type

Regards

Kiran