cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure the blackberry simulator to run an app on SUP 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a sample application to get a list of sales orders and to view a few details on SUP 2.0. I have been successful in deploying my MBOs onto the server, but am stuck at how to deploy the workflow package onto the simulator.

I downloaded a blackberry 8900 simulator with 5.0 OS (EastAsia). I have no idea if this is right. I copied the .cod files into the directory C://Program Files/Research In Motion/ BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 5.0.0/5.0.0.681 (8900_EastAsia)/Java.

Is this right?

Apparently, when I start the simualtor and navigate to options, you should get Sybase Settings as an option, but I don't see it. So I think there's something I haven't done.

Please do help out as this is the last step and would be great to see if it atleast works on the simulator.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@vaish0803:

Hi

I think the problem is with the version of simulator which you had downloaded.

I was having the same problem. I then downloaded the Blackberry simulator (net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30) for simulator 9800.bat.

Then created a logical device in the SCC with the following properties:

Activation user name : <>
Template : Default
Server name : <>
Port : <>
Farm ID : 0
Activation code length : 3
Activation expiration(hours) : 72
Specify activation code : 123

Then Start the MDS Server manually from C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30\components\MDS\run.bat.

Then runs the simulator from C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30\components\simulator\9800.bat.

Then load the following .cod files to the simulator from C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\ClientAPI\MBS\BB\MoMessaging

MocaClient.cod 
CommonClient.cod 
MessagingClientApp.cod 
MessagingClientSettings.cod 
WorkflowResources.cod

Now from the All->Options->Third Party Applications->Sybase Settings Gave the following Connection parameters

Server Name :
Server Port :
Farm ID :
User Name :
Activation Code :

On saving these Connection Settings, SCC we can see that the registered device got registered.

Now you can verywell deploy the Workflow to this simulator

Hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks and Regards

Rinzy Deena Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rincy,

Thanks for the reply. The simulator version is fine. But we did what you said, as in running the MDS from the folder directly. Looks like there are some permission problems of some sort, but we did get the MDS running. I loaded the .cod files onto the simulator and configured the sybase settings. Was finally able to get it connect to the SUP server and the device showed online on SCC.

But the next problem is that when I run the application from the workflows in the simulalor, when the app tries to connect to the SAP server, it throws up an error saying No class def found error. We're unable to see the whole error on the simulator. So not sure where I'm going wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vaishnavi,

Please follow below thread related to JCO Error.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new on SUP and I'm having a similar problem as described in this thread. I'm unable to synchronize the BlabkBerry simulator with the SUP. I have a question regarding the directory structure that should exist in Sybase installation directory. For 9800.bat, I have the following structure:

"C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Eclipse\plugins\simulator\9800.bat" and for the MDS I have:

"C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Eclipse\plugins\MDS\run.bat"

The paths below are not similar with what you specified in this thread. Can this be the cause of my problem?

I want to mention that when I choose Show Log in the BlackBerry simulator i can see the message: "Bad User Name or Code". I've checked a hundred times the user name and code and are similar with the ones in SCC.

Thanks in advance,

Maria

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

What application ID does your application connection/device user have? If its anything other than HWC, that might be your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was my problem. I had another application ID. I have changed it in HWC and now it works.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with getting the Android emulator to connect to SUP. Setting the application ID to HWC did the trick.

BTW: to make the Android emulator connect to SUP running on your localhost specify 10.0.2.2 as the server name in the android app. Took me a while to figure that one out as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

read Logs in simulator...You may got the Exact Problem or error...

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

I checked the logs and the error is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:Could not initialize class com.sap.mw.jco.JCO

So I checked other posts for the same error and someone pointed out that if you install SAP GUI on the server, the dll files get placed properly, so the error won't occur. But even after installing SAP GUI, the error still persists.

Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the JCO 64 bit installation steps for SUP.

The process for 64bit installation is slightly different than the 32 bit OS.

The BB JDE and SUP both need 32 bit JDK installed. SUP also needs 64 bit JDK installed.

Follow the link below.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01205.0200/doc/html/fre1298410612424...

The choice of BB simulator has no issues, you will have to run the MDS from the \components\MDS\run.bat before launching the simulator. Then load the Cod files using the File->Load .

If you have further issues Please post the log for SUP server. it is in Server\UnwiredServer\logs\

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vaishnavi,

That error is related to JCO connectors, And if you still faced the same error then copy JCO dlls files into <sybase>\unwiredplatform\JDK_1.6.0_24\bin (Must be 32bit DLL files) only for this directory.

Hope it works,

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vaishnavi,

If you found that which softwares should be installed in Server 2008 means Which JDK ? JDE ? MDS ?

Please reply me.. because i am going to install SUP 2.0 in server 2008.

Thanks & Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Since our windows server 2008 is 64 bit, my JDK 1.6 is also 64 bit. But apparently, the blackberry JDE n MDS requires 32 bit java version. So I'm still not sure how to get things going.

Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I figured out that I had to load the .cod files onto the simulator by starting the simulator, and use File --> Load Java Program. I was able to see the Sybase Settings in the options menu.

I have also created the device on the SCC, but even after using the same activation code in the simulator, the SCC still shows the device as 'Pending Activation'.

I have refreshed it multiple times but it still shows the same. Any idea why is this happening?

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the MDS Simulator started as well? This simulates the network connectivity for the BlackBerry Simulator.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

This is the problem I am facing:

I have a windows server 208 system on which I have installed SUP 2.0 with java SDK 1.6 version. I have installed a blackberry simulator, but when you asked abt MDS, I realised I haven't installed MDS.

I had downloaded the MDS version 4.1.4 and when I try installing it, it says it needs jre 1.5 which I can't download anymore. Plus I don't think SUP can run on a version lower than 1.6.

I looked at a few forums online and one of the persons had said there is an MDS-CS simualtor which comes with the blackberry JDE v6.0 which is compatible with java 1.6. Now I tried installing that, but again it showed the same error. It needs java 1.5 version to even install.

I searched quite a few forums and realised that the blackberry JDE needs 32 bit JDK. So I can't install 2 JDKs on my system since the java_home can point to only one of them and SUP requires one while the JDE requires another.

I am stuck!! How can I run the app on the simulator now??

Regards,

Vaishnavi