cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping - same structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the Source and Target Structures are the SAME XML format.

Should I need a Message Mapping?

Should I need an Interface Mapping?

Please help me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes ..you can ignore the mapping in your structure are same.

Refer this weblog...

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

No,You do not need any Interface and Message Mapping.

During Receievr Determaintion, do not specify the Interface mapping . <b>Just make sure that the inbound and outbound message interface refer to the same message type</b>.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you.

Bhavesh, to be precise the Source and Target Structures are cXML(We are doing this for a testing purpose). The cXML has been imported into the External Definitions.

You say the Message Interface refer to the same Message Type, for external definition, no need of defining the Message Type, becauseit comes with the XSD. So now how to deal the situation,

Thanks

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Rohini use the same imported XSD for outbound and inbound interface.

Thanks,

Prakash

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, to be precise the Source and Target Structures are cXML(We are doing this for a testing purpose). The cXML has been imported into the External Definitions.

>> Rohini, if your idea is just to sent the same file to the target system, i guess your solution is the same as the approach i have followed in this weblog.

it doesnt even mattter if you have imported your XSD, any dummy type created will do.

Ref:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

In this case make sure that the Outbound and inbound message interfaces use the same XSD against their message types.

Basically the same thing

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mapping is not required for such a scenario.Only thing to be noted is mention your i/b and o/b interfaces in the sender and receiver business services/systems.

Priyanka

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to a message mapping and interface mapping as everyone said. Also you need not specify the interface mapping during the Interface Determination. Make sure that you are using same Message Types for source and target, I mean Outbound Interface and Inbound interface.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your source and target structure are the same hten you do not need MM and IM.

Regards

Vijaya