cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Order/Target Quantity with reference to Contract Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GURUs,

In my current organization, there is one scenario in which i have to control target quantity in sales contract e.g., i have created sales contract of 100 MT (contract no : 123), and with reference to that contract i have created another contract for say 100 MT (contract no : 456), after that i have changed quantity (of contract no 456) to 150 from original quantity 100. In this case system allows to do so, which is not correct, and i want same to be control based original contract quantity.

Is there any solution in standard system to control the same? If there is any then pleas let me know.

Thanks,

Pratik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all your references, question get resolved now.

Thanks,

Pratik

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me clarify your requirement:

You have created Contract no. 456 (100 MT) with reference to another Contract No. 123 (100 MT).

Now you want that system should not allow to change quantity in Contract no. 456 & keep it as it is (100 MT) in Original Contract No. 123.

Now, if the above requirment is from Sales Order created with reference to Contract then it can be easily don thru Item Category Controls.

But as the second COntract (456) is entirely a new Contract with it own contral parameters (validity dates, etc) system will allow you to change Quantity & other feilds).

You requirment is not standard & will have be achieved thru applying a User Exit. Speak to your ABAPer & he would do the needful .

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pratik,

This can be controlled through copy controls,check in your copy control T.code VTAA give your sales document type and quotation doc type at header level check whether the complete reference is ticked or not if not make it tick.

At item level also there is one field copy quantity Copy order quantity or Copy target quantity,you can try with this also

Check and revert

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Your suggestion is useful, but system is giving warning message only in case of quantity change in target sales contract. But i want to check the quantity not to be exceeded from orginial contract quantity, and if so system has to give an error message, so please suggest any changes required to be done in user exist or what? and if same is required then which user exist to use......?

Thanks,

Pratik

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to control the Quantity in Sales Order created with reference to Contract, then go to Item Category (VOV7),

KMN - & select Completion Rule C - Item is completed after the target qty is fully referenced

No need for any User Exit (as suggested by me above, because you wrote by mistake that you want to control quantity from Contract to Contract). This is possible in SAP Standard.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

Thanks for your helpful hints, but it was not written by mistake from my side, actually the requirement is like that we have to create contract with reference to other contract.

Thanks,

Pratik

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

OK. Means my first understanding was correct.

You will have to apply User Exit - "USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE" in Program (Include) - MV45AFZZ

Speak to your ABAPer & he will write a code in above User Exit to Check the Quantity in current Contract & the quantity in Contract which whose reference the current Contract is created.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta