Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ prompt error

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an @prompt function for which i wanted to give the order of the prompt..i have given the below last parameter as user:1

product.time_date = @Prompt('Enter StartDate (MM/DD/YYYY):', 'C', ' Other\ Start Date', Multi, free,,,user:1)

for this i get an error" parse failed: Invalid definition(UNV0023).Error parsing default value parameter(7th parameter)

any inputs on why it doesn't not parse.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First export the universe with condition and test in the webi report.it should work without parsing.This error coming in the parsing due to the extended syntax.

one thing you are creating date prompt and you are selecting second type C.may be you will try with D.

I have created one condition and same error i am getting.but this is working in the webi.

"/CIR"."targetSchema"."CIRBIW.CIR_SYSTEM_DATE_PARAMETERS"."TODAY_START_DATE" = @Prompt('Enter Today Start Date:','D','Calendar\Today Start Date',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:0)

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your object is of type Character then you cna use 'C' in the @prompt

but if it is of date type data type then you have use 'D' in place of 'C'

another thing BO officially not documented about the 7th parameter i.e. User:0

This throws error while parsing but still works in the universe level. this syntax is supported at webi report level.

you can check this by creating a report level prompt, there if you see the sql then it will include User:0 syntax.

i.e. nothing but the order of the prompt which you will see in the report.

0 means 1st and 1 means 2nd so on.

Another thing you need to keep in mind is if you use User:0 then that prompt text will not be supported by translation manager. i.e. it wont get translated by translation manager.