cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS (Transport Level Security)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I have a question regarding securing a SOAP Sender scenario using HTTPS. We are on PI 7.11 and have a SOAP-PI-RFC scenario. I have used a HTTP Sender instead of a SOAP channel to configure the option of 'HTTPS without Client Authentication'. I have generated the WSDL for this and tested successfully using SOAP UI.

But our client needs a SSL certificate for this. As far as I understand SSL certificates are used only for message level security. But here they are OK with just transport level security. Do we need any certificates in this case? Please clarify.

Another question I have is, is there any way of using HTTPS (transport level security) using SOAP Sender adapter? The option of 'HTTPS without Client Authentication' is not available anymore from PI 7.1 SP1 onwards. That is the reason I used a HTTP sender adapter.

Any help is much appreciated <text removed>

Thanks & regards,

Sudheer

Edited by: Matt on Oct 12, 2011 6:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we surely do need certificates for transport level security SSL (HTTPS)...the client team is correct.

Another question I have is, is there any way of using HTTPS (transport level security) using SOAP Sender adapter? The option of 'HTTPS without Client Authentication' is not available anymore from PI 7.1 SP1 onwards. That is the reason I used a HTTP sender adapter.

who is provided you such info?

it is very much available for PI7.1 and also for 7.11

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

I am facing the same issue. I cannot find HTTP Security level option for SOAP sender channel for SAP PI 7.1. Did you find any solution to this issue?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>The option of 'HTTPS without Client Authentication' is not available anymore from PI 7.1 SP1 onwards. That is the reason I used a HTTP sender adapter.

PI 7.1 version has this option for sure.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The option of 'HTTPS without Client Authentication' is not available anymore from PI 7.1 SP1 onwards. That is the reason I used a HTTP sender adapter.

> Sudheer

Surprised on this.

We are on PI 7.11 SP 06 and the option is very much there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant EHP1 and wrongly typed it as SP1. Is this option still available in EHP1?

I came across this thread which helped me understand it that way.

The best approach would be for me to configure HTTPS (transport level security) using the SOAP Sender channel.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sudheer

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP PI 7.1 with EHP1 supports client auth. with/ without....in both HTTP sender and SOAP sender channel...nothing is downgraded.

i would suggest that do not strictly follow the help link (SAP please pardon me for making this statement!)....create a SOAP channel and check for yourself if you see the dropdown or not

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Oct 11, 2011 9:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am not able to see that option in the SOAP Sender channel configuration. Besides, the help link from SAP also does not show this option.

Here is the link for EHP1:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/3555240bea31c3e10000000a42189d/content.htm

and here is the link you gave,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Clearly, both are for configuring the sender SOAP channel, but the options are different if you notice.

I am not able to understand where I am going wrong.

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards,

Sudheer

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am not able to see that option in the SOAP Sender channel configuration.

this is getting weird....i am in front of SAP PI 7.1 with EhP1 (SAP PI 7.11) and have SP at 006....i go to IB and create a SOAP SENDER communication channel and i could see the dropdown still alive.... Inbound Security Checks --> HTTP Security Level --> HTTP, HTTPS without Client Authetication, HTTPS with Client Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek et all,

I am not able to view the options that I need, but I would do a work around by using HTTP adapter instead. But that is not my major issue.

What I would like to know is how to generate the certificate when we use HTTPS at Transport Layer only (We are not doing encryption & decryption). And if we generate the certificate where and how we need to configure for using these certificate. Please guide.

Many thanks & Regards,

Sudheer