cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test HTTP and SOAP adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on SAP XI 7.1. I don't use SOAP and HTTP Adapters in this project. Is it possible for me to try some scenarios using both these adapters in the dev and later on remove it?

How can I create a scenario using these two adapters? How do I get the webservices for that?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure you can do that....to test SOAP you can make use of SAP SOAP client...and for HTTP use HTTP test client...search for both of these on SDN...many links available.

If Sender --> PI then SI of PI will act as webservice....

If PI --> Receiver then there are some freely available WS (like currency convertor) which you can use....your PI system however would require internet access.

if not then you can try developing your own WS and install in your PC.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Oct 11, 2011 9:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I shall search but I have some doubts.

I can't download any software on my m/c without approval from my PL. So does this require downloading some tools to my machine to test this scenario. Can these be done the way we do a File adapter, without any external application on my desktop. The work environment doesn't exactly allow me to download applications. That's a big hurdle

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP SOAP client can be accessed using a URL...SDN URL...no need to download

for HTTP if i remember correctly there was an online tool (no very sure)...was blogged by a person called Vikas Agrawal (dont remember if it was agrawal or aggrawal....you need to check....

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ideally the tools you use to test HTTP and SOAP scenarios are the HTTP client and SOAP UI

In case you cant have any tool, then you wouldnt be able to do an end to end test and will be restricted to the standard PI test message option.

Answers (0)