Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D barcodes in Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am new to adobe Forms....

i am using a 2D barcode i.e., PDF417 in my form and the barcode contains 1450 char...

the barcode is displaying but i want to reduce the height of the barcode......

I reduced the height of the barcode in XML code.... after reducing the barcode is not printing....

Can u plz help me in reducing the height of the barcode

Thanks

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

What's the barocodel label printer you are using to print?

Thanks,

Raneetha

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

Please donot change code in xml, sometimes small changes might lead to make the whole form not work. Please change the height in the layout itself. Make sure that binding is done properly in form.

Thanks,

Rakesh

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

I have found some documentation regarding pdf417 barcode, I dont know, whether it is useful or not, but thought of posting it. please check

PDF417 barcode are read-only barcodes. We need use these barcodes if their encoded values are assigned, when the form is designed. If you need a PDF417 barcode, that can encode user-supplied data, use Paper Forms Barcode instead.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes... the binding is fine.... the barccode is visible for the height 22mm onwards...

but its not visible if i am reducing the height below 22mm...

.....................................................................................................................

My req is :

The barcode should be printed after every 15 line items

and the barcode value is the 15 line items itself!!

Length of each line item is 98 char, and for 15 line items is 1470 char....

now the barcode contains 1470 char.... which is printing if i keep the height 22mm and above .... and i hv kept the width as 187mm.

But when i reduce its height of the barcode below 22mm the barcode is not printing....

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

ya i could see your problem. Seems like the number of characters is the problem. I tried giving 1300 characters and tested the barcode, it worked fine, when i increased length to 1400 and above, it is not displaying. I think there is a limitation to the length of the barcode.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.... thats the problem!!! So, there is no other way to reduce the height rite?

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, there is no way to reduce height.

Rakesh.