Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picked quantity is larger than the quantity to be delivered

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created sales order after that i try to post delivery in VL01N, after selecting of picking tab i try to enter pick qty of 150 kg, it gives an error " Picked quantity is larger than the quantity to be delivered" how to solve this one ?

Regards

Prince

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to pick more quantity in delivery than required in sales order? The error is due to the settings maintained in the field Check overdelivery in t.code 0VLP (Zero V L P). Here it looks the value B is set. You can change it to A or blank and this way the system can allow over delivery.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Your diagnosis of this error seems incorrect!

The field you are suggesting as the cause of error (below mentioned) is related to Order quantity and delivery quantity.

field Check overdelivery in t.code 0VLP (Zero V L P).

The OP is talking about Delivery quantity and Picked quantity.

In the case of Picked quantity > Delivery quantity, the above mentioned error shall appear.

I think via standard SAP there are NO settings to "shut-down" this error. Moreover, that is correct.

PS: In another thread, the link to this thread was mentioned as a solution.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I saw many posts but is not working well. I had issue for delivery type DLN Stndard Itm w/o Ord. As this is from warehouse pick up and so there is no corresponding sales order.

Solution : Remove Incompletion Log error for delivery item category as below.

I removed Incompletion Log assigned to delivery item category as below details and it is resolved.

Goto IMG/Logistc Execution/Basic Shipping/Incompletion control/assign incompletion delivery form to Item Category  Incompletion L1 is assing. Now go to incompletion procedure/get delivery item =H (Group)/Click left side procedure/Get L1/Fields/ Get field OVPIK Description Picked QUantity larger than delivery Here remove assignment status whatever you have.

Then you will not get any error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince

If using WM then check SAP Note 24662 - Picking quantity > Delivery quantity

If you are using WM, it can happen that the picking quantity confirmed to the delivery is larger than the delivery quantity in the delivery. There is no no warning message and only the delivery quantity for the goods issue is posted.