cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order: Two schedule line items for single order item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with the schedule lines in the sales order. When we create a sales order with today as the delivery date, it creates two schedule lines for the single order item. But if we give future date as the delivery date, then it creates one schedule line only. The confirmed quantity for the first line item (with today we the delivery date) is zero and second line item confirmed quantity (with delivery date as tomorrow) is actual order quantity. So as there is no confirmed quantity on todayu2019s date, it looks like it is creating new line item. But we do we have stock.

We donu2019t have availability check on and we use custom line item and schedule line categories.

Please give some hints on what might be the issue.

There was on post with this kind of issue, but it was closed without answer.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

So as there is no confirmed quantity on todayu2019s date, it looks like it is creating new line item. But we do have stock.

As per my understanding although you have sufficient stock for the material system may be confirming the quantity in future date because of the forward scheduling. As you know system adds different times while evaluating the confirmed delivery date. Check the route which system is using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we do not want to set the check box for fixed date and qty, as this issue is only with some materials. Not sure how the Forward scheduling is effecting this.

Thanks,

Srini.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is happening with only few materials, then check the material master ->availability check field in Sales:general/plant view. You may need to set KP-No check in this field, then create new sales order and test. I would also recommend to check the MRP views and compare with other materials for which the system confirms the same day.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

For some reason, it happened that day only(i create multiple orders to check) and i have been checking and now it works fine.

in future if i get this issue, i will check this.

Thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as i can understand, you are looking into the schedule line of the sales order. am i right? yes, if the quantity is not confirmed, it definitely shows two schdeule lines. one line showing that this was the original order, but the delivery cannot be done because there is no material available as of now and the second line shows the nearest next delivery possible. Please confirm if I understood your qn. correctly. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Just try this: in OVZJ, mark the Fixed date and qty flag.

Regards,

Raghu.