cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign selected set to existing class characteristic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a class characteristic "COLOR". Now I would like to use this characteristic as reference to an Inspection characteristic, and wants to transfer the Inspection results to the Batch. When I am creating the reference MIC with this class characteristic, system is asking me to assign selected set at characteristic level. I tried to assign selected set and found unable.

IS there any way to assign selected set to existing class characteristic? Immediate response is highly appreciable.

Thanks n regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the txn code CT04,

enter the CHARACTERISTIC, "COLOR"

- Click on the "VALUES" tab.

- Now click on the "Other Value Check" butoon.

- A small screen will pop up, where you need to select the radio button "Catalog Char.".

- Now you will be able to assign the Selected set to the characteristic.

If you are using the characteristic already in any of the classification then the "Catalog Char." will be greyed and you cannot assign.

Then you have two options,

1.Create a fresh Characteristic to meet your requirement.

2.Delete the assignment of this characteristic from all the Classes where it is assigned (through txn CL02).

After that go to txn CT04 enter the CHARACTERISTIC, "COLOR"

click on basic data tab, change the status to " In preparation" from released.

Then that "Catalog Char" radio button will become operable.

Make the necessary changes and go to CL02 and re-assign the characteristic to all the classes.

Hope your problem will get solved

Regards

Hari

Edited by: Harikris_83 on Oct 13, 2011 11:59 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QS51, create selected sets. Give catalog as 1 - Characteristics attributes & plant. I have display access only. Please try from your side.