cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services missing for DUET Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In configuring DUET Enterprise, certain services are missed out which are required for completing the configuration. The missed services are :

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/saml2 /sap/public/mysssocnt /sap/bc/srt/pm

In SICF tcode, when I see the above services, Iam unable to find out.

Can anybody clear me that, for these services, we need to install certain patches or any other alternative is there to get these services.

Thanks & Regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use the configuration wizard (/iwtng/lcm), than these services should be released in the first step.

If you do not want / cannot use the wizard, you have to go to SICF, open up the structure and right click on the specific service. Then you should be able to select "Activate service".

Or is this also not working?

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your reply.

As mentioned in chapter 3.3.2 Configure the Service Provider for StarterServices Endpoints for duet Enterprise.

We need to perform some steps on the SAP system on T.code: soamanager.

while performing step number 9 on chapter 3.3.2 we are unable to see

Application and Scenario Communication tab (or the Service Administration

tab) and we are stuck here.

Moreover,

while manually adding services describe in 3.3.2 chapter i am getting

error "0 entities found!"

Procedure iam following is desribed below:

1. Go to T.code: soamanager.

2. Click on Business Administration.

3. click on Mass configuration.

4. click Create

5. In the Configuration Scenario section fill in the following:

a. Enter the configuration scenario name, for example, StarterServices.

b. Enter a description for the scenario, for example, Services used by

Starter Services.

6. Select the Provider tab and click Add.

7. Select the Search tab.

a. In the Search by field, select Service.

b. In the Search Pattern field, enter the name of a starter service

required service, for example CustomerERPByIDQueryResponse_In.

c. In the Field field, select Both Names.

d. Click GO.

e. Click Add to Worklist.

when i click on "go" as mentioned in step number 7 above i am getting

error "0 entities found!".

So we are assuming it might be due to the services missing in SAP(backend system).

Please suggest on it.

Thanks

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

what is the version of the backend system. For the starter services to fully work you have to have ECC 6.0 EhP4 [SAP_BASIS 7.02 SP0 + ECC 6.0 EhP4 + ECC-SE 604 SP06] installed.

For the services that you are not finding -- can you also try to search for the Internal Name (do not only try to search for CustomerERPByIDQueryResponse_In, but also for ECC_CUSTOMERIDQR)? Do you find more entries then?

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi holger,

Thanks for the update.

Our current SAP backend system is ECC 6.0 and i tried with ECC_CUSTOMERIDQR but still its saying 0 entities found.

Can you give me clarification as per the Duet enterprise guide the minimum backend system requirment is 4.6c.

It also mentioned that for starter services we need ECC-SE 604 component.

How we can deploy that in our current backend system or is there any other workaround for the starter services configuration.

Regards,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general Duet Enterprise supports backend systems back to 4.6c. Starting with these systems we can leverage the RFC communication and access data.

For some scenarios (like the Starter Services) that we provide out of the box, certain functionalities have to be available in the system. So with Starter Services the requirement is ECC 6.0 EhP4 (SAP_BASIS 7.02 SP0 + ECC 6.0 EhP4 + ECC-SE 604 SP06) to have all the functionality. If you are fine with less, then you can just skip the configuration steps in SOAMANGER. You will be able to retrieve the customer list (part of Starter Services) via RFC calls -- but you will for example not be able to view details or updated data (since we have implemented this via Web Services to showcase this functionality as well).

So in your case you have either to update your backend system or you can just skip this configuration -- after all the Starter Services are meant to showcase some Duet Enterprise capabilities.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your vauable inputs.

Now if we just skip the configuration steps in SOAMANGER what are the implication we will face of doing it.

And what will be the mising functionalitites that we cannot show in our demo.

Please elaborate me that, it wil be very helpful.

Regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

For starter services in DUET configuration, is it mandatory that we need to install EHP4 on ECC6.0 or we can bypass this? Please make me clear.

As you told in the previous reply

If you are fine with less, then you can just skip the configuration steps in SOAMANGER. You will be able to retrieve the customer list (part of Starter Services) via RFC calls -- but you will for example not be able to view details or updated data (since we have implemented this via Web Services to showcase this functionality as well).

I followed the same skipping EHP4 but unable to consume the webservice at sharepoint front (returntype mismatch is the issue and also unable to create ReadList and ReadItem operations at sharepoint front).

Please guide me to clear this major road block.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you do not need EhP4, but then you will also not communicate to the backend system via Webservices, but only using RFC connections. So you do not have to release any services via SOAMANAGER in the backend system.

You would just create the RFC destination to the backend system and after activating the BC set for starter service you have to change the Software Version of the System alias (SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway -> Configuration -> Connection Settings -> SAP NetWeaver Gateway to SAP System -> Manage SAP System Aliases) pointing to the backend system from ECC_604 to DEFAULT.

After that you will be able to read information from the backend.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks alot for your valuable information.

Do we need to perform all these tasks at Duet Server?

Moreover..

in Duet Server,

As told by you, in SPRO Settings, under SAP NetWeaver, I didn't find

Gateway -> Configuration -> Connection Settings -> SAP NetWeaver Gateway to SAP System -> Manage SAP System Aliases.

Thanks

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

This could be becuase you might be on Gateway 0.5 (IW_FND 100). You can alternatively access the same configuration view by following the below path: Go to transaction SIMGH -> Search for IMG structure "Service Consumption Layer Administration" -> Connection Settings -> SCL to SAP System -> Manage SAP System Aliases

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger and Girimurugan,

Thanks for your assisstance.

Actually we are missed out NetWeaver Composition Environment components. Now we are installed.

Thanks

Kris