cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check in internal activity planning against the “Procurement type”

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my project , I am create the project structure , release the budget & AVAC also activated .now I am assign the material to internal activity .At this time system checks the budget based on the procurement type,

When I was assign the material to the activities with item categoryu201D L u201Dsystem check the budget in material planning against procurement type reservations for network only, not for the remaining procurement types (PReq + Reservation for WBS Element, Reservation for WBS Element, Reservation for WBS Element, Reservation for WBS Element)

Is the system is behaving proper way ,I want to check the budget against these ( PReq + Reservation for WBS Element, Reservation for WBS Element, Reservation for WBS Element, Reservation for WBS Element ) procurement types also at the time of planning .

Please provied me some clarfication on this issue.

Regards

R.B Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Availability control tolerence limits settings (Tr. group settings) for your budget profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my project AVAC activated and the Tr.Group is ++ ,I think it's related to procurement type.

Regards

R.B.Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned before the system is behaving normally. Try creating a material component of category L with procurement type PR + Reservation on WBS, and see if you are able to display the commitment from the PR in any PS standard report. Materials procured for project stock are done on special g/l accounts as configured by the MM team (this can be altered to be posted on WBS as well). The cost is not charged to the project per se. It is only charged when the goods are issued from the project stock to the project (project stock credit and project debit). This is why no commitment check occurs at the PR stage. You need to search more on this to determine how project stock functionality works.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Budget check has nothing to do with Procurement type.

In all your different scenarios, check the cost elements which are getting updated.

1) Check whether cost elements are maintained for GL accounts against which material planned, PR generated.

2) Check whether you have defined any exemption for any such cost elements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear R.B. Rao,

The system is behaving normally. You should search the forum, SAP Help and Google on the different procurement types available. This will help you understand the purpose of the procurement types and why the budget isn't being checked. You may come here with more specific questions once you have browsed the information available.

Regards,

Ammar