Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Adapter Limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are running SAP PI 7.1 SP 7.

i was hoping to create a common JMS Adapter that then routes the message based upon the content recieved from the single queue, however the computer says no!

Check Result for Object | External_DEV | CREMAS.CREMAS05 | |

Communication channel | External_DEV | JMS_MQConnection_Sender is of adapter type JMS and can only be used in one sender agreement or in integrated configuration; however, it is used a second time in Sender Agreement | External_DEV | MATMAS.MATMAS05 | |

is it not possible to do this? Currently we only have a single queue as we need to route the messages due to the order with which the are processed at the receiving side.

Because there could be multiple dependant different messages there is no standard process i could do for this.

what would be a suggestion for handling this?

I am looking at the Integrated Configuration, but wanted to get some extra feedback as my design may change and i will need to justify the additional expense of extra queues (MQ is owned by 3rd party!)

just to add a little more...

MATMAS05 & ORDER05 get sent to Receiver 1.

CREMAS05 get sent to Receiver 2.

Integrated Configuration appears to only handles a single receiving system....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is it not possible to do this?

JMS Sender channel cannot be re-used (as you can do with SOAP)....it can be associated with only one Sender Agreement and hence only one Sender (Outbound) Interface

Currently we only have a single queue as we need to route the messages due to the order with which the are processed at the receiving side.

not sure what your requirement is....my guess...you say there is only one queue from where you have to pick multiple messages (multiple message types)...is that correct?

If yes then no need to create many queues one will be fine...ensure that each different message has some unique identification (for JMS it can be JMSType)....then create multiple JMS Sender channels in PI pointing to the same queue....in the JMS CHannel (SonicMQ) you have the option of Message Selector....give JMSType = messagename here ....you will however need those many sender interfaces and hence those many sender agreements.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Howtohandlemultiplemessageformatsfrom1JMS+Queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have followed the suggested method, and confirmed with my third party how the messages are being sent.

however i am not sure my settings are reading it correctly.

this is how i have entered this in ID:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/screenshottx.jpg/

am i missing something? done something not quite right?

if i remove the setting JMSType, the messages get processed....

any thoughts/suggestions gratefully received.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

conditional routing in AAE/IC is only supported from PI 7.1 EHP1

If you are not on EHP1 then you will have to avoid the integrated configuration and use the normal configuration.