Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI3.0 File Adapter - Changing target directory at runtime

benjamin_bender2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a XI3.0 running and I'm using the file adapter of SAP Basis 7.00. I'm trying to change the target directory at runtime, as I already did with the file name. The file name could be changed using the DynamicConfiguration, but this does not work for the directory. In help.sap I found the hint to use the variable substitution of the communication channel. I did not get it running, but it also does not solve my problem since I don't want to get the value for the target directory from the message header, but from a SAP IS-U system.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while using variable substitution, did u set the indicator for create Directory:

<i>If the adapter is to create the target directory, if it doesn't already exist then set the indicator Create Target Directory.

If the indicator is not set and the target directory doesn't already exist the adapter returns an error.</i>

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

benjamin_bender2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found my error. I can do it like the change of the file name but I forgot to set the checkbox of the directory in the adapter-specific message attributes of the communication channel.