cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Connectivity Error failed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I currently installed installed PCo on a XP Machine and after I change the network ID of the PC and the workgroup the agent instance is not able to start properly. I receive the following message:

10.10.2011 22:28:32,.,6,1016,TEST_OPC,Error,Host,failed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy,"The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.IPCoAgentControl.Start()

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.ConnectivityAgentProxy.Start()

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.WcfHost.Start()"

10.10.2011 22:28:32,.,8,1016,TEST_OPC,Error,ServiceFaultManager,Manufacturing Fault: REASON = The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

As the other applications like OPC Scout are able to connect to the DCOM (at least this is my understanding) in order to query the OCP Server, it seems to me that there is a Plant Connectivity problem. I tried to find out where the settings ConnectivityAgentProxy are detailed - I thought something like an .ini, .xml file - but unfortunately I did not find anything. Do you have any suggestion, advice?

Thanks in advance,

Florin

Before I start with installing image of the PC with the image before doing the network id name change i would like to ask you if there is any setting, configuration file

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a named user entered for the Agent Instance Service User name/password? If so, you may have to delete and re-enter the name\password to reset this. If you are using DCOM over a workgroup, the same workgroup user name/password must be set up on both the PCo server and the OPC Server PC's.

Hope this helps.

- Steve