cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the date value derive from during delivery propose during VA01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please enlighten me on the following question considering that I am not in this area.

Every time when I have create a sales order and hits enter, system will bring me to availability check screen called "Availability Control"

In this screen, there are three section, and I have the following qeustions:

Question u2013 How does the system come out with the date shown on the section 2 and section 3, even though I donu2019t have the stock quantity in the system at the first place.:

Section 2: Complete Delivery

Section 3: Delivery Proposal

Does the calculation in config or master data setup or both, please guide me.

Thanks

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear tuffy ,

This is due to the configuration settings in the availability check and the master data what you are using for saless order processing.

Fallowing lines will resolve your issues, please find.............

1. In material master you must have maintained in house production days in Mrp-2 view.

2. In OVZ9 you migh not have flagged the Check with out RLT(if you activated RLT will not be done ,if you deactivate it will consider RLT).

3. Even though the stock is not available in the plant system will confirm the quantities in end of replenishment date.

If you don't maintain the in house production and RLT system will not confirm the quantities.

Please check it revert if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Thanks what you said is correct.

However, I am trying to understand the following F1 help statement from the replenishment lead time in OVZ9.

Basically, the "Check availability without replenishment lead time" checkbox in OVZ9

FI key said:

Items for which the delivery date falls within the replenishment lead time, but for which there is no inventory, are confirmed for delivery after the replenishment lead time. In the case of items for which the delivery date falls after the end of the replenishment lead time, the system assumes that everything can be confirmed.

Questions:

1 - What does it means?

2 - what objects constitutes this RLT from in Inhouse production environment? (Because in external procurement the RLT = processing time from purchasing + the planned delivery time + the goods receipt processing time)

3 - There is a field in MRP view 3 called Total RLT, does it mean if I uncheck the box in OVZ9, I need to specified a value in this field if it is a Inhouse production environment?

Thanks

Tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tuffy,

To get in depth knowledge on availability check, you can read SAP HELP documentation, which really gives a lot of understanding. Just to give you some input on this, when run a availability check for material system considers different parameter before it proposes the delivery date (as you mentioned). Lets assume the finished product. Take for example if you do not have finished product stock, Lets assume it takes 10 days to manufacture the finished product. If there is no stock (rawmaterial) availablle to produce the finished products lets assume it takes 5 days to procure/purchase. So when proposing stock for this material system does consider 10+5 days and then proposes the delivery date (Please note I have just quoted you and example, It may not be the real time scenaio).

Also system does considers the Factory calender while checking the availability.

Regards

Murali