cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP CTP check issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing one issue regarding GATP CTP check.

(CTP check after product availability check and no RBA activated)

I have configured all relevant settings for GATP CTP scenarios (PPDS and GATP customization relevant to CTP).

and during creation of Sales Orders in ECC the CTP is called in APO and "APO Availability check : Deliver proposal" screen appears.

And in APO for particular product the temporary planned order created against Sales order temporary requirements.

till that point system is doing fine.

but after confirming the CTP proposals (by pressing the button "Full delivery" ) the screen comes back to Sales order entry screen.

however i cannot see any sub item created there and upon saving Sales order the temporary planned order created in APO against the Sales order disappears.

In brief system is working fine during sales order creation but planned order disappearing upon saving the sales orders.

Can you please provide some inputs what i am missing here?

Thanks,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krish,

second schedule line only gets created if confirmed date is after requested date. If sales order is getting confirmed on requested date there will not be second schedule line.

If you are useing pegging can you check are there any planned orders pegged to sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rupesh/Satish/Santosh for you valuable replies.

The planning procedure maintained in APO product master is 3 "Cover dependent requirements immediately"

the heuristic SAP_PP_CTP is assigned to it.

still problem exists. As i mentioned earlier, CTP triggering fine and temporary planned order creating aganist temporary SO qty in APO. but after i confirm the proposal and upon saving the SO both SO and Planned order disappears in APO.

I tried this scenario by maintaining fixed pegging relations also in planning procedure. the behavior is same.

Santosh: the second schedule line is not crating on initial SO screen even proposed delivery date is after SO requested date.

Am i missing any other things. Kindly advice.

Regards,

Krish

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

It is correct behaviour - creation and deletion of temporary requirement is working as expected.

FYI - A temporary requirement is created in SAP APO. It is like simulated demand (virtual)that is created temporarily and deleted after the availability check. The temporary requirement is transparent to the user and it triggers an immediate planning process through all levels of components and corresponding plants to determine the availability to promise.

As rightly mentioned by Roopesh, Please verify the settings on the PP/DS tab in Product Master to enable the CTP function in GATP. The tab is maintained so as to start the planning process automatically. If, for example, (PP Planning Procedure = 3) "the Cover Dependent Requirements Immediately" option is selected, a PRODUCT heuristic for a specific product is called immediately when a sales order is created or changed. In general, the PP planning procedure determines the actions to be executed after a planning event like : sales order creation, goods movement, planned order change, etc.

Additionally you may would like to refer the SAP note 426563, "CTP: Settings, system behavior and performance," offers more information including recommendations and restrictions.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

And also i hope you have maintained the planning procedure as 3 in PPDS tab of product master.

Can you please check in the planning procedure, relevant setting has been maintained for reaction to events

for e.g: create or change sales orders -- action should be start product heuristis immediately.

In check instructions under Production have you maintained start production as 1 i.e. First availability check and then production.

Hope this should help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Roopesh