cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC-XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario RFC - XI. I want pull my rfc data to XI. In sm59 iam create TCP/IP connection there iam given programme ID, gateway host, gateway service. In xi sender communication channel i also mention RFC server parameters Application server(gateway),Server service(gateway) and programe ID same fields i mention in SM59. In the RFC meteadata Repositery Parameters can i maintain the R/3 Applicarion System details or XI details?

give me a idea.

thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari

Make sure that the RFC destination is to be created in the R3 systems and not XI.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In sm59 iam checking the RFC connection test this error will occured.

Program RFC not registered. Here RFC is my Programme ID.

what can i do.

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari

Activate your communication channel first. Now go back to your RFC Destination and now test your connection. It should be working.

Before testing your RFC destination, don't forget to ACTIVATE your communication channel.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

My CC status is Active.

Thanks

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari

The "Program ID" field is case sensitive, it must appear EXACTLY the same in the SAP RFC(SM59) as it does in the SAP PI.

There is no extra step involve to register program id.

Just make sure that you have defined program id in both the cases, i.e RFC destination as well as the channel.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

My program Id name is rfc. Both two places i mentioned same

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer below blogs.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1438] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3865] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Gouri

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The RFC metadata repository parameters identify the SAP system containing the repository for the RFC metadata. This does not necessarily have to be the sender system. It can be any system where the meatdata of RFC resides.

Regards,

Priyanka.