cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity control while creating contract with ref. to another contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Champs,

Contract 123456 is created for a material with quantity 100. And now I am creating another contract with reference to contract 123456. System is copying a quantity of 100 in new contract. This is right and as expected.

But now I can change the quantity in new contract to 150. Which should not be allowed.

Is there any standard way to control this ?...or should i have to go for exit MV45AFZB ?...

Thanks,

Tarpan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay,

I think you are not clear with my requirement. I knows about the options you have showed.

I want to change the quantity in new contract but it should not be more than the quantity of source contract.

Regards,

Tarpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarpan,

In VTAA, at header level, if you flag Complete reference indicator, it will send you a message if you change quantity. This message could be Warraning or information, but you can change that message to Error Message.

Complete reference indicator

Indicates whether the system copies the source document completely.

Procedure

If you mark the field, the system copies the source document into the target document completely. The system also copies the complete reference indicator. You cannot change the indicator in the target document.

Example

You mark a quotation for complete reference and you then copy the quotation into a sales order. Later, if you try to change an order quantity or to delete an item, the system sends a message.

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want Quantity shold not change after copying from 1 Contract to another , then do below Setting.

In copy control (VTAA), Select Item Detils and you can choose neccessary setting in "Copy Quantity" option.

OR

In copy control (VTAA), Complete reference indicato (Header LEvel)r:- If you mark the field, the system copies the source document into the target document completely.

Thanks & Regards,

Dhanu

Edited by: Dhananjay Gaikwad on Oct 11, 2011 8:47 AM