cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any blogs on RFC sender adapter which explains the concept and the use of it? I could see many blogs on how to configure it etc but if there is any elaborate information it could be helpful...

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are multiple ways in which an r3 system can send data to XI.

1 RFC

2. IDOC

3. ABAP proxies.

take a look at this blog,

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

<i>But how will this RFC be triggered. Who will pass the export parameters to this RFC?</i>

Well, you need to schedule a job in your R3 system that willl fill the R3 with the value and send data to it. For test purpose you can send data manually. But in real time , a job will be scheduled to run this RFC.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nice blog which was prepared by Michal.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

And of course you check help.sap.com. There is also a lot of information.

regards,

wojtek

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAndeep,

check this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

and also go through this one which uses BPM

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

regards,

sridhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh...My requirement here is: I need to send a message from an R/3 system to XI. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. If there are any better ways of doing this please advice me.

Have an RFC in the sending R/3 system. Use the sender RFC adapter in XI. But how will this RFC be triggered. Who will pass the export parameters to this RFC?

I'm kind of confused. Can somebody explain a bit on this?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If the version of R/3 is higher then 6.2 I kindly advice you to use proxy insead rfc.

In RFC you have to write your own code which will call RFC function (it's some kind of stub). Actually the same is with proxy.

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this way...

Create a report and then write like this way..

once you run the report the data will go in XI. IF it doesnt check in SM58 in R/3 system if any error is there.

CALL FUNCTION 'ZZ_PRODUCTCODE_SEND' IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION 'PROGTX1'

• IMPORTING

• PRODUCTCODETERS =

• PRODUCTCODESPARES =

• YEARMONTH =

COMMIT WORK.

<i>'ZZ_PRODUCTCODE_SEND' -> Function Module Name.

PROGTX1' --> Destination in SM59.</i>

Refer Michaels weblog on how to create.

Regards

Sumit

ps: reward points if that helped you.