cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Adapter in XI..Possible??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to send data from XI using RFC Sender Adapter.

Have done all the configuration, ie created a tcp/ip destination in SM59 and then in the RFC adapter mentioned the program name.

In Adapter monitoring i can see the adapter working fine.

When i execute the Function Mouldule i get the following error in SM58.

parameter JCO.Request was <null> (server: RfcServer[CC_RFC_TX1_OUT]1)

Can anyone please lemme know if we can send data from XI box using RFC sender adapter.

Regards,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Technically specking this should be possible.. I Havent tried it though..

So, you are using a Sender RFC to send data from XI to XI itself uh?

I have tried configuring a Receievr RFC adapter pointing to XI and it has worked fine.

Also, take a look at these blogs if your config is correct,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Before going ahead with the schenario i tried to see if RFC receiver adapter works and it worked. SO thought it would work for sender too, but it doesnt work.

I know itz weird to send data from XI to XI ..but due to sum reasons i have to proceed this way..

Or i would have to change my schenario and try using RFC receiver adpt.

But still i would like to know if itz possible or not.

Thanks

Sumit

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

WHat is the Relevance here ? If you want to send XI to XI use native language of proxies. But you can not create a proxy for the same Integration server. Create a new client and you can proceed further.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks. I know we can create a new client and then make the clients role as Application System. The problem is that we cant go ahead with that. I would be triggering a RFC from EP server. Right now EP is not available so i thought of doing the same from XI.

Just wanted to know if that was possible.

Regards,

Sumit

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh..

Ideally speaking it should work.but never tried. check/test with RFC destinations in SM59 and test the connection. Configure the Sender Communication channel correctly by providing correct Sender Business Service/system as a XI system

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the connection and everything which is required for configuring sender RFC adapter. The same thing works from R/3 but dont know why it doesnt from XI.

Can anyone check in there system and letme know.ie if someone has the time.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I just tried your scenario of sending data from XI via sender RFC adapter.

Its working perfectly.

Perhaps u must be missing out some of the settings.

Regards,

Seema Jaisinghani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

This should work...did you check the tcp/ip destination in SM59 and make sure that it is working correctly..?

Thanks,

Renjith