cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Context Mapping of an interface controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want get 2 or 3 context attributes from an interface controller of another component. I can see the attributes that I want in the interface controller of the other component. I've been reading SAP documents and other posts and everything is concepts. How can I access those attributes to get the data. I've been reading and it sounds like you can do direct context mapping and external. I'm pretty sure what I need is the direct context mapping. The other component is an SAP component (LO_OIF_MAIN_COMP) and I can not make any interface methods of the component controller. So the only way that I can figure is to either call/make reference to the interface controller and get the attributes... but I can not figure out how to do it. Please help. I've been researching this for several hours now... and in my mind it seems like a pretty concept. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. You can only map the interface node and not the attribute.

2. The LO_OIF_MAIN_COMP component has to have the node marked as interface and then only using component can see the interface node.

if the above two is not true then you cannot have the access to the context of LO_OIF_MAIN_COMP.

What you can do is to have Singleton class (one instance per user session ) and set the context to a attribute in the class from LO_OIF_MAIN_COMP and read the same from your component.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this seems to be WD compoent usage. you can use the steps mentioned in any article for e.g. WD ALV component usage and find out how the context mapping is done.

refer , http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3439404a-0801-0010-dda5-8c14514d6...

Thanks,

Chandra