cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side panel window in page builder- "The ASSERT condition was violated".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a single chip component and was able to get the side panel view to work . but when I create a second chip with a side panel and try to embed in the same screen, I get a dump - "The ASSERT condition was violated".

Are we restricted to only have a single side panel for a page(same window)?

i wold like to set multiple side panels for each of my chip components. is this possible ?

i am on netweaver trial version 7.02

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mostly you get this error when one or more compulsory view attributes are not bound or the bound node is not existing.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are absolutely allowed to have more than one CHIP in the side panel, so that isn't your problem. Can you post more details the assert condition or the call stack of the short dump? This might provide more details as to the cause of the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The URL call https://sapserver.carlson.com:8443/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wdr_chip_page was terminated because of an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in system NSP : The ASSERT condition was violated.

The error occurred on the application server sapserver_NSP_00 and in the work process 5 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: IF_WD_SIDE_PANEL_API~INIT of program CL_WDR_SIDE_PANEL_INTEGRATION=CP

What can I do?

If the termination type is RABAX_STATE, you will find more information on the cause of termination in system NSP in transaction ST22.

If the termination type is ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, you will find more information on the cause of termination on the application server sapserver_NSP_00 in transaction SM21.

If the termination type is ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, you cansearch for further information in the trace file for the work process 5 in transaction ST11 on the application server. sapserver_NSP_00 . You may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system adminmistrator.

Error Code: ICF-IE-https -c: 001 -u: JUAN -l: E -s: NSP -i: sapserver_NSP_00 -w: 5 -d: 20111011 -t: 093738 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: ASSERTION_FAILED -X: 0800273C3E061ED0BD82D1FFB7C51BB3_0800273C3E061ED0BD82D1FE3A4BFBB3_1 -x: 8F16F4E0BEFDF12E9BB30800273C3E06

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again to clarify.

I created 2 chip applications with side panels according tho this link below.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm80/helpdata/en/54/976562e409465eb7c01b56c4b0eb6d/content.htm.|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm80/helpdata/en/54/976562e409465eb7c01b56c4b0eb6d/content.htm.]

when I embed a single chip to the business client window, it works fine.

But I get a dump when trying to embed both applications unless I remove WDDOINT code from either one of them.

cl_wd_side_panel_api=>get_api( )->init( view_controller = wd_this->wd_get_api( ) open_action_name = 'OPEN_SIDE_PANEL' ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely allowed to have more than one CHIP in the side panel

yes this works as long as you only have one main chip with side panel. My problem occurs when I create 2 main chips on the canvas and both of these chips have side panels. I must remove code from either one of the 2 chip applications, cl_wd_side_panel_api=>get_api( )->init( view_controller = wd_this->wd_get_api( ) open_action_name = 'OPEN_SIDE_PANEL' ). from WDDONIT, which removes the 'additional information' link for the side panel. I dont seem to allow for this senario as far as I can tell.

This is different question but same error results. I created a brand new canvas (PFCG) for a new a webdynpro app that implements both IF_CHIP_API and IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK.

I configured this Wed dynpro application as a FPM_OIF_COMPOENENT with a side panel code underlined above. This also fails with the same error message at this same location. This one fail with only 1 wed dynpro application unlike the above same where there are 2 main chip applications.

thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What do you mean by main CHIP? Are you running a side panel alongside a page builder page? So its actually the CHIPs you are placing in the page builder, not the side panel that are the problem.

Are you sure you really need the page builder and then the side panel as well? Usually you have FPM as the main page and the side panel to support it. This is why you get the problem in the second scenario becuase FPM automatically has the logic to hook the side panel. You don't need to code this anywhere within it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thomas. Sorry for confusing you with my vocabulary.

What do you mean by main CHIP?

This refers to the wed dynpro chip that is placed on page builder( not the side panel chip)

This main WD chip component that has the 'additional information' link imbed in it.

Are you running a side panel alongside a page builder page?

Yes.

*So its actually the CHIPs you are placing in the page builder, not the side panel that are the problem. *

Yes. Each individual CHIP that is placed on page builder (main chip as I called it) should be able to have its own side panel right? if I create 4 chips for 1 page, I want each chip to have its own side panel. This doesn't seem to work at this time(7.02 trial version). Only 1 side panel per page or I get the dump mention above theat.

Are you sure you really need the page builder and then the side panel as well? Usually you have FPM as the main page and the side panel to support it.

I have only been able to find samples that uses page builder along with side panels only. [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm80/helpdata/en/20/361af8255f4a33a2e8441956cc8f63/content.htm]

I am currently trying to have FPM as main page with side panels but the links "additional information" is not present. If you have tutorials that you know please let me know.

This is why you get the problem in the second scenario becuase FPM automatically has the logic to hook the side panel. You don't need to code this anywhere within it.

I really like to know how to do this. any tutorial/samples/demos would be appreciated.

thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>if I create 4 chips for 1 page, I want each chip to have its own side panel.

No that isn't how it works at all. You have one side panel for the entire application not per CHIP. That simply isn't how it is designed. So many side panels wouldn't make sense from a usability standpoint anyway.

LGA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I read that you speak of chip, so I like that I ask you a question on page builder if possible?

my question ::After creating my application configuration bluider my page, I can not get the container in my page

thank you

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It is against forum rules to ask new questions in existing thread. Please post a new thread with a detailed description of your problem. I stress the detailed point, as right now there isn't enough details to attempt to answer your question. For example what do you mean by container?