cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I have a requirement to setup output for billing documents via ale.

I have below mentioned questions on the same.

1) do I use account group or put the output to billing documents?

2) Do I determine output type and everything first or setup the partner profile for idoc first and then follow with output procedure?

3) Which transmission medium shall I use for the billing output it will be sent via email by day end batch job, I am thinking of using tranmission 6 for edi let me know, if I am correct.

Thanks

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

1) do I use account group or put the output to billing documents?

Ans > You need to assign the newly created output in the output procedure and assign this procedure to billing document type.

2) Do I determine output type and everything first or setup the partner profile for idoc first and then follow with output procedure?

Ans> You'll have to create output type first then assign it to the Partner Profile under " Message Control > Message type" along with process code and application.

3) Which transmission medium shall I use for the billing output it will be sent via email by day end batch job, I am thinking of using tranmission 6 for edi let me know, if I am correct.

Ans> I think you'll have to use 7 - simple mail along with custom logic for this, along with adding the email id's in CMR.

Regards,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Hrishikesh,

I am going to follow as per your suggestion and will update you as well. One more quick question.

Client system is already running with different output types and procedures on billing documents and they are already using cutomer groups and account groups, In order to create error free idoc for my requirement, wherein i have to test the output being generated only for particular customers.

Do you advise me working on customer group or account group or something else, wht would be you though on this.

Thanks for your help !!!

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case you'll have to maintain the output condition record for the set of customers with customer group as a key field along with customer number.

This will ensure that if the customer belongs to the customer group which you have maintained the record, output will be triggered.

Regards,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

okk cool, will ask you if i get stuck somewhere, can i get your email by any chance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishikesh,

How are you?

Based on our conversation. I did all the settings now getting some error.

I have done and checked settings for output determination, condition record as well as partner profile.

The output is not coming automatically at billing document level, when I go and add it manually its working fine, even when I go in change mode I can see it completely processed, but its not showing automatically in billing docs itself.

I have also checked control data under output determination it is not checked for manual. Kindly suggest what can be the reason for output not popping up.

Thanks

Aman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

update