cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several SP01 spool request that need to preserve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a couple of spool request that I would like to preserve and keep them from getting deleted. Is there a flag that is set to ensure specific spool are not deleted by cleanup jobs?

Also how can I find the spool at the unix level, becuase I may be able to change the permission on it to never be removed until next year.

Thanks

Jexum Wildfire

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jexum,

The spool cleanup reports which are run daily are generally setup to delete spools based on the creation date. There is the option to run the cleanup jobs such that they delete based on deletion data (a modifiable parameter of the spool request); however more than likely the cleanup job is not defined that way in your system and looks at creation time. This means that the only way to avoid having the spool deleted is to modify the TSP01-RQCRETIME and TSP01-RQDELTIME on the corresponding spool request number such that the year portion is some high value:

RQCRETIME : 2099101022114500

RQDELTIME: 2099101822114500

Where I've changed 2011 to 2099 in the first 4 characters of the fields. The spool rquest will be retained until you manually delete it or the the year 2099 comes. Unfortunately this method requires direct modification of table tsp01 and not sure if you'll be able to do that in your environment. I don't know of another way.

Regards,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way is to use transaction SP01 to display the spool request and to change there the date in the field "Deleted on".

It works perfectly.

The problem begins when your standard users discover this technique and you find a big number of huge report spools with a deletion date in year 9999. Then you get a huge TST03 table....

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)