SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of Security Deposits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How can I allocate a single security deposit to multiple accounts and track it? I have tried to solve this using collective CA concept but there too you need to create security deposits at each individual contract level.

Our requirement is to be able to allocate a single security deposit among say 3 or 4 contracts (let us say we have a BP like a Walmart with multiple branches within a city).

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

DP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible since security deposit is nothing but a FICA document which can be allocated to a single Contract/CA only.

Is it possible if you post Security Deposit on a single CA and on remaining CAs you post statstical FICA docs just for reference purposes with same amount. This will give business user an idea that Security deposit exists for this CA but is may be posted on another CA for same BP.

Thanks.

Ravi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible since security deposit is nothing but a FICA document which can be allocated to a single Contract/CA only.

Is it possible if you post Security Deposit on a single CA and on remaining CAs you post statstical FICA docs just for reference purposes with same amount. This will give business user an idea that Security deposit exists for this CA but is may be posted on another CA for same BP.

Thanks.

Ravi

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try the following:

For the same BP, create either create one or many Contract Accounts.

Create Security Deposit requests for each Contract Account (or Contract - if the Contract field is mandatory on the Security Deposit - note that Contract field can be configured to be optional for Security Deposits).

Make a payment at the Business Partner level (Or Contract Acct, if there is only one for Account) for the full amount (total of all deposit requests).

The Payment Document number will be the common link between the multiple Security Deposits that are now ''Paid''.

I hope this helps.

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Nice thinking but i think what DP wants to achieve is that allocating single Security Deposit for multiple accounts and not creating multiple security deposits for each CA.

Also if Security deposit is not paid (which normally is paid pretty late or some time at the end of account), in that case we won't have any way to connect multiple security deposits except BP.

Thanks.

Ravi