cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM update Error for patch level 42 on 7.01

0 Kudos

Hi all,

While applying SPAM update 42 for 7.01, we received the error below. We also tried to apply a lower version with the same results. Your help is appreciated.

Class CL_OCS_RT_ANALYSIS,Method GET_XML

The row type of the table "ME->T_PATRTVERS" is not compatible with

field symbol type "<FS_PATRTVERS>".

from ST22:

Runtime Errors SYNTAX_ERROR

Date and Time 10/10/2011 05:16:00

Short text

Syntax error in program "CL_OCS_RT_ANALYSIS============CP ".

What happened?

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLSPAM" had to be terminated because

it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

The following syntax error occurred in program

"CL_OCS_RT_ANALYSIS============CP " in include

"CL_OCS_RT_ANALYSIS============CM002 " in

line 67:

"The row type of the table "ME->T_PATRTVERS" is not compatible

with fie"

"ld symbol type "<FS_PATRTVERS>"."

Thanks,

Domenick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Domenick,

This issue you are facing is most probably because of a force reset of SPAM queue in IMPORT_PROPER phase.

You might have reset the queue forcibly which has created inconsistency in the system and has destoyed SPAM transaction

related program sources.

Now in order to resolve this you can try out a small fix.

You can pick up the class/interface CL_OCS_RT_ANALYSIS============CP from a system which has already been patched with SAPKD70142. You can transport this class to the affected system.

Once done, try to do the SPAM import. If the SPAM import is successfull it is fine.

If it not successfull, there is no other way apart from restoring the sytem since the SPAM sources are corrupt.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Thank you for your answer. This is exactly what SAP suggested us to do, after an OSS message to them was created. We are going to refresh our production environment to our test system and try to move the corrected program there first. If this resolves the issue, we will try production. If it doesn't work then it will not be a happy day.

I will let you know what happens after next week.

Best Regards,

Domenick

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Domenick,

I guess several questions come to mind when reading your question.

1) Is your system at 7.01?

2) Are you attempting to go from SPAM 7.0 to 7.01?

3) If both of these answers are yes, then patch your SPAM to level 43 for 7.01.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for you quick reply. The answers are these: 1) Yes, I am already at 7.01. 2) No, as stated in question 1. 3) SPAM patch 43 for 7.01 is also giving me the same error.

It seems like I am stuck and would need to figure out why there is a syntax error in the class and method.

Thanks,

Domenick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you hit on this error, have you tried to execute Tcode SPAM again in ur system? What is the patch level it is showing on the Title Bar? your upgraded patch level or your previous level? Also please attempt to re-import when this hit on error and give your feedback.

Best Regards,

Vasanth Govindaraj

0 Kudos

Vasanth,

Yes, we have tried to execute the SPAM again, even back out of the transaction (and sometime the system totally) and execute SPAM again, but the error occurs. In addition, we have reset SPAM and tried more time, even using patch 41 and 43. The same error appears for all.

The patch level shown is still the old level - 37 for 7.01.

Thanks,

Domenick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should search SAP notes to see if this problem is known and if there is a solution.

If not, you should open a support call on the support service market place.

We did apply successfully SPAM Update 43 on our ECC6 EHP4 systems.

Regards,

Olivier