Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

please explain

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM)

In the above scenario after importing RFC data ,it is asked to create request or response data types,here request data types is of RFC data which is imported but how about response data types,how it is genrated out of imported RFC data,confused

Generally how do we get target structures ,i mean the data types for target for mapping

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pooja.

The request and response data types are separate from RFC .

You need create these datatype for on message interface the other is for RFC.

Step 4: Create Message Interface

Create two message Interfaces. One for File(OB) and the other one for RFC(IB). Create both Interfaces as Synchronous Interfaces.

Regards

Luis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you other is for RFC ,you mean other data type is for rfc data

Let me explain my question:

we have 2 data types,as an example

1)request 2)response

scenario is Rfc to pi >webservice

Now request data type comes out of rfc data how about response ,when i create response data types the field are different instead of using same name space as per above link

Please explain

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Now request data type comes out of rfc data how about response ,when i create response data types the field are different instead of using same name space as per above link

You can create two different data types for request each for RFC and Webservice. Similary two different data types for response for each RFC and webservice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While creating data types ,when I right click should i select insert elements or sub elements

ex:table fileds kunnr,matnr

I gave name to data types (dt_tables) data types for tables,now this will show up to the bottom like dt_table,now shall i right click and select insert elements afater that shall i slect insert sub elements or elements or rows,what is the difference

Please advise

Pooja

Answers (0)