cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro PDF forms issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I am facing an issue, with opening pdf forms using webdynpro applcaions, after applyign support stacks.

I am using linktoaction UI element to display a pdf form which is stored in mimereporsitory, and i am displaying it after getting URL. and by using abap class cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response.

This was working fine until, our recent support packs, but after support packs are applied, we are getting an error saying

Unable to open form yyyy.pdf from yyy.yyyy.com .

Unable to open this internet site. the requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.

We applied support stacks both to, abap side and portal side, and we confirmed that issue is comign from portal side.

One other thing, the applicaiton works fine when i test applicaiton by itself, but the problem arises when the application is opened from portal.

And the error occurs only when i open portal using IE8, but it works fine IE9, chrome or mozilla.

We are on the latest SP Stack 10 for Application Server Java on EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

Thanks,

Ratna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, colleagues!

I have nw7.0 ehp1 sp16, and problems described this topic,

when instead of filename in IE8 appears app path and approp. error message

I just solve them for me.

Here is my recommends, may be useful  4u:

1) Error message appears where the size of downloaded file less than 1 kb.

Make you files "fatter" and err mess may be disappears.

2)in call of cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response

set parameters :

i_mime_type = ''    " - non supported mime type, or empty string

i_filename     =      " - extension of file must be "corrupt" by you to be a non supported by any app on your system (in my case i make archive.zip archive.zip_ )

It calls appear of dialog with unknown type of file, filename signed by you and possibility to Save

No Error Message appears

God Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna,

We are having the same issue when downloading pdf with Internet Explorer 8.

We have EHP1 too, and the WDA works nice without the portal.

Did you find the solution?

Thank you.