Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing SSL Connections, differences between ABAP and JAVA stacks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to test an outbound SSL connection to a partner. I already have multiple outbound connections to many partners, but this new one is causing an issue. Our firewalls between the two sites are opened as required, I verified that I can telnet to the 443 port of their sever. I then attempted to connect to their URL, via a Java SOAP message, and it is rejected. Some kind of error regarding our handshake.

In an attempt to troubleshoot the issue I entered their URL in SM59 as a HTTPS connection, tested it, it worked fine. Which indicates to me that the ABAP side works fine.

I do the same on the Java stack, via the SOA Manager: Destinations, and it fails.

"Error during ping operation: Error while silently connecting org.w3c.www.protocol.http.Http.Eception: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: unexpected message"

I was thinking that maybe the remote partner only allows specific types of SSL version connection, and the Java side is too low. i.e. the partner only allows TLS v1, and we are attempting to use SSL v2. Is there a place to set this on the Java side? I know I can set inbound parameters on ICM via SMICM.

Any help or assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Montone

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest that you verify if you use the same release of the SAP Cryptolib for the ABAP and the Java stack.

This could explain a difference of support for SSL or TLS.

Regards,

Olivier