cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation issue in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM Experts,

In our implementation we have a KF Forecast Adjustments (%) which is a unit less KF.. Unit less keyfigures means the keyfigure is neither of the quantity type nor of the amount type. Its Data type is Number . We have used this to store the % value only and to do some calculation based on this..

Now in the Planning Area for calculation Type we have used 'Based on Another KF''. But when I put some percent value in the KF at higher level (In my case :Product level) and save it , the value is not consistent at lower level .(In my case product/location level).

Is this because the KF Forecast Adjustments (%) a Unit less KF ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing doing with the unit on aggregation. You mentioned that you used the calculation type 'Based on other key figure'. What is the Disaggregation KF you maintained for this KF in the planning area? Based on this Disaggregation KF only the disaggregation will happen.

For example in the planning area, you set like this

KF--- Calculation type ---Disaggregation KF

KF1 -- S---

KF2---P --- KF1

In this case the disaggregation of the KF2 is based on the key figure KF2.

suppose in a particular period the disaggregation of KF 1 is like this,

Month1

KF1-Total 100

Location1 70

Location2 30

and in KF2, you suppose entered value 50 at the aggregated level, then the disaggregation will be like this based on the KF1.

Month1

KF2-Total 50

Location1 35

Location2 15

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Edited by: M Manimaran on Oct 11, 2011 6:38 AM

Edited by: M Manimaran on Oct 11, 2011 6:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have used the KF 'New Proportional Factor' as the disaggregation KF which is copy of 'Actual sales History' . E.g In the current monthly bucket M10.2011of the KF 'New Proportional Factor , we have copied the qty from M10.2010 of the KF 'Actual sales History' .

Now in KF 'New Proportional Factor' at total plant(PL1) level the qty is 17076224 and at Product /Plant level (PR1/PL1) the quantity is 175391.

So the proportion is : 175391/17076224 = 0.01028

Now in KF 'Forecast Adjustment (%)' , I have put 20 at Plant (PL1) level . So as per the logic it should show = (20 * 0.01028 ) at

Product/Plant level (PR1/PL1) which is very small qty (0.2056) but it is showing 7 in the system .

Initially I thought that system is putting some garbage value because the decimal places was set as Zero for KF 'Forecast Adjustment (%). I changed the KF for 3 decimal places but still system is showing the same value as 7.

Can you please help me to understand the issue ?

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please test with 100 in your Forecast Adjustment at Plant level? Also please check is there any macro works on this KF?

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with 1000 and it worked fine. But when I put 100 it is giving the same value 7.

I ran consistency checks but the issue persists.

we don't have any default macro running on this KF.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The rounding procedure of the planning book is the very complicated process. Since as per your answer for 1000 it works correctly and not for 100, it must be the rounding error.

You have told you changed the decimal places for the KF as 3. where did you change? if you have done that correctly, you could see 7 as 7.000. Are you able to see that?

If not, please check the below thread on how to set the decimal places in planning book,

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani ,

I changed the KF from the planning book after going into the change mode.

Yes I could see 7 as 7.000 in the planning book.

It will be really difficult to explain the rounding error for a large data set to the users. Is there any other way to do this ?

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

You may have seen this, if not here is link to SAP help on "Rounding in Demand Planning", I found it very informative. However SAP help states that - in conjunction with disaggregation/aggregation, rounding can lead to unexpected results.

Hope this will throw some light on the issue you have in hand.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/fe/80a934908685479f084e9621749a0a/content.htm

Thank you

Satish Waghmare