Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrent %VT_HOME% path

former_member230867
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am facing a little strange problem with our BO Mobile SP4 deployment.

I have made a fresh installation of a BO Mobile SP4 in our BO server. I have setup all the configuration details according the manual. When I tried to configure VAS as a Windows service (by running

vtauthd.bat service_inst

from VAS\bin), it reported

"The system cannot find the path specified"

After some investigation by checking the .bat file syntax I have discovered that the VT_HOME parameter is set incorrectly by system. In my case the vtauthd.bat script location directory is "D:\APPS\Business Objects\Mobile 12\server\VAS\bin\vtauthd.bat". The VT_HOME directory should be the parent directory of directory script is in - D:\APPS\Business Objects\Mobile 12\server\VAS. See the following script from the .bat file:

:: Home directory containing server
:: (is parent directory of directory script is in)
call :dirname VT_HOME %~sf0
set VT_HOME=%VT_HOME%\..

For some reason, my path assigned to VT_HOME variable is only D:\APPS (it shows you all variables when you run the vtauthd.bat). I have no idea, how this is possible. When I manually assign in the .bat file the correct path, I am able to register the windows service via the authservice.exe file (JavaService):

set VT_HOME="D:\APPS\Business Objects\Mobile 12\server\VAS"

Any ides why the system is shortening the VT_HOME path??? Thanks!

Erik.

Edited by: Erik Sabol on Oct 10, 2011 5:11 PM

Edited by: Erik Sabol on Oct 10, 2011 5:12 PM

Edited by: Erik Sabol on Oct 10, 2011 5:19 PM

Edited by: Erik Sabol on Oct 10, 2011 5:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230867
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The following is a really dirty workaround of this problem. I have to note, that I did not have time to investigate reason of this problem, so was forced to this dirty workaround and it worked for me.

Here are the step:

1. Make sure you have all the prerequisites installed

2. Backup all your original .bat files mentioned below!

3. Edit the vtauthd.bat (VAS) as the following:

:: set VT_HOME=%VT_HOME%\..
set VT_HOME="<BO_INSTALL_DIR> \Mobile 12\server\VAS"

4. In the same vtauthd.bat file locate the following code:

%VT_HOME%\bin\authservice.exe -install XI3MobileAuthServer %VT_JVM_LIBPATH%\jvm.dll %VT_JVM_ARGS% %VT_JVM_RT_MEM_ARGS% -Djava.library.path=%VT_LIBPATH% -Djava.class.path=%VT_CLASSPATH% -start %VT_MAIN_CLASS%  -params "%VT_CONFIG_FILE%" "start" -stop %VT_MAIN_CLASS%  -params "%VT_CONFIG_FILE%" "stop" -current %VT_HOME% -description "SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Mobile Authentication Server"

5. Replace the

%VT_HOME%\bin\authservice.exe

with

"<BO_INSTALL_DIR>\Mobile 12\server\VAS\bin\authservice.exe" (including quotes)

6. Run the Configure Mobile Authentication server (VAS) as a service from Windows, it should register the service successfully

7. Check whether you can find the service under Windows Services > XI3MobileAuthServer

8. Start the service

9. Repeat the analogy of steps 2-6 for VMS (vtvmsd.bat / XI3MobileJobServer)

10. Start the VAS service from Windows by Launch Mobile Authentication server (if it doesnu2019t start and ends up with TDS protocol error, replace the sqljdbc.jar with a newest one u2013 version 4).

11. Repeat the analogy of step 9 for VMS

12. Now you should successfully launch all services

Hope it helps someone.

Erik.