cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From the webi report to ipad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we want to show some Webi-Reports on the IPAD. The connection is running but now we have the issue ..... how must the WEBI Report built that the result on the IPAD is fine.

Is there any HOW-TO-Paper that shows the perfect way from the WEBI-Report to the BI Mobile App on the IPAD?

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I managed to display sales data webi reports on the iPad. I would recommend to read the documents on [http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/] and check especially the "not supported" section. Basically only a few basic chart types, tables and pie charts are supported (as yet).

Second no formatting is been done in webi but the native iPad app will do that automatically and therefore overwrite your formatting.

My suggestion is to use simple reports with out-of-the-box charts, tables etc.

Cheers

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Sven: I would totally agree with you - as I said, i already did some testing and most of the "cool" things like i.e. drilling, tag charts, cascading prompts or even simple things like sections don't work.

It seems like there are a lot more limitations than things which work. I hope in future releases they will provide a lot of more functions..

Regards,

Bodo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i'am totaly aggree with you and i have made the same experiences.

Thanxs..

Dirk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

i also searched for documentation on that but didn't really find anything suitable - so I did some testing with displaying webi reports via the iPad app a few days ago.

You don't have much influence on what the ipad is really showing out of a webi report at the end - most of the formatting seems to be not modifiable - instead of changing the "template" from ivory to graphite.

After a few days of testing the displaying behaviour of the iPad-app there's - in my opinion - no easy answer to this question like a step-to-step-guide or sth. similar..

But it would be nice to know if i'm wrong with this - because i would appreciate such a docu very much, too

Kind regards/Beste Grüße

Bodo