cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with trailing spaces in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have an issue.......... trailing spaces are getting truncated in text message.

Scenario: xml to file.

XML structure :

Header

line1

line2

line3

as the files are not having fixed lengths we are using a xslt mapping to convert it to text...we have used preserve space functionality still its truncating the trailing space

for example:

Header1 Header2 Header3 Header4

abcd abcd ab

1234 1234 1234 1234

after 'ab' there are spaces , but these are getting truncated..... I tried file format (FCC parameter at receiver) , it did not work

Stylus is preserving spaces when I test the same file , but XI is truncating the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some useful information,

http://www.xmlplease.com/whitespace

Point Number 8 is close to your issue.

-santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh , but is there any solution I have used Preserve space functionality in the code , when I test it in stylus it seems to preserve the trailing space , but when I run the same in XI it seems to truncate it at the output....

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member216353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Try this - "fixedLengthTooShortHandling = cut" in FCC. This should solve your issue.

regards,

Younus

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried this way?

NameA.fieldContentFormatting = nothing

Note: Specify nothing to ensure that the value remains unaltered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks to your Answers

First, this is a XSLT-Mapping

Second, Blanks are truncates in the XML-Output (before the Adapter)

Third, fieldContentFormatting is a parameter in the File-Adapter and "cannot save lost blanks"

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried using

<xsl:text>   </xsl:text>

inside the tags where you want the spaces to be preserved ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran

Are you getting the spaces truncated in you mapping itself or when you are looking at the file at the final output.

(Please test the mapping only and confirm this)

If that is not the case and the spaces are truncated at output then the problem might be in the adapter, please check the Transfer Mode whether it is text or binary..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually it seems we have the same problem with truncated trailing blanks. Do you have a solution in the meantime ?

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using an XSLT mapping ?