cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default tax code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question regarding tax codes, we know that the tax codes in SRM are created in the SPRO/cross application basic setting/Tax calc/enter tax codes and here we default one of the tax codes and this would appear as a default when we create a SC or post an invoice (correct so far?) . Now lets say in the org structure we have 2 companies of 2 different countries and various users under each CoCo. What I want to know is, is there a way where we can have tax codes defaulting based on the company code? In other words, when a user of US10 enters an invoice we get V1 as a default and when an user of GB10 enters the invoice we need V2 appearing as the default? IS THIS POSSIBLE with any configuration? I dint find anything in SPRO. Lemme know. or we may work around by having a one tax code (no Tax) in both the tax procedure and making this a default so that when either of the employees post an invoice this common tax code would default.

Thanks in advance

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Naveen: I don't think you can determine tax codes per company using Customizing. However, you can use the following BAdI to achieve your desired functionality: BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI (Determine Tax Code).

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

As far as I know u can set Defult Tax Code only Country specific not country specific right.

But u can maintain different tax code for different countries in the following area.

Spro> Srm> srm server> cross application> Tax Calculation--> Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category.

For using different tax code- by defult as a country specific u have to do the settings accordingly but at present there is no setting for that.

If it solves ur purpose award the points.

BR,

Vijay Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay, thanks for the reply. but what you are talking about is the tax codes for different countries but we cannot default one of the tax codes there right? wanted to check if we can have a different default tax code depending on the country. for eg. when a user from Comp1 creates a SC he must get V1 and when user from comp2 creates it he must get V2 as the default. Both the companies are in the same org structure and the system.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Naveen