cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Objnr(from COVP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know if the values from this field mean something and where can i see what they mean.

For example, I noticed many records where the field objnr starts with PR, NV and many others.

Thanks,

Efren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OBJNR that starts with PR refers to a WBS element and the one starting with NV refers to a network activity. You can check this in the tables PRPS and AFVC respectively. These OBJNR's are system generated values for a particular object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I asked only about PR and NV, but as you know, there are a lot of other types(like KSACAT,VB,KLACATAT). I understand they are created by the system, but i believe there are some conventions. I would like to know about any value from Objnr.

Efren

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the same table if you look at the Original Business transaction, Ref Document type, etc you can find out the origin of these values and then decipher what conventions are used for particular postings that are displayed in the COVP table.

I would like to know about any value from Objnr.

It would be better if you could explain more on this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is more a curiosity. I want to know what every possible value from field Objnr means. Like you told me that PR means WBS element, I want to know about the rest of the values. I tought the values are stored somewhere in Sap.

Thanks,

Efren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The term "Business transactions" are derived from CO & FI transaction. For example abreviation KOAO means - Settlement this you will see it in CJI3 but those are standard.

The object numbers for WBS element can be seen in CN41N or from projec table PRPS.

The object number is used to extract the data from CO table since there is no directly entry field against WBS element or network etc.

Regards,

PSR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hello,

I found the table which tells what every object means. It is called TBO00.

Efren

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good job for that table (TBO00) !!!!!!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be great if someone can explain where the prefix is coming from like PR or OR or NV. Is it assigned somewhere ? If yes, where is the assignment ?

Thanks very much !!

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is only in SAP database you will find these prefixes for object numbers. It is the way SAP updates the database table to classify between different objects.

These are required to identify if the object is WBS/NW/PRODN order or any other. This is due to as every object can have same number, but with pre-fix you can identify if it is production order or network.

regards,

Mahendra