cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Approve' button not displaying in the Approve Role screen Inbox - AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a challenge and I'd be glad to have it fixed.

I am configuring Role Management in GRC AC 10.0.

I am in Approve Role phase.

After clicking on Initiate Approval....It send the request to the Role Owner's work inbox for approval.

However, when the role owner logs in, only the "Other actions" button shows. The "Approve" button does not show.

The "other actions" have options for "Hold" and "Request information"

Please note the following in the MSMP settings.

I am using the default settings in MSMP

Process ID - SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR

Maintain Path (Path ID - GRAC_DEFAULT_PATH ) & Stage Config ID - GRAC_DEFAULT_STAGE

Maintain Route Mapping - GRAC_ROLEAPPR_INITIATOR

Generate Version - Version generation was successful.

I have also assigned the following roles to the ROLE OWNER

SAP_GRAC_BASE

SAP_GRAC_NWBC

SAP_GRAC_ROLE_MGMT_DESIGNER

SAP_GRAC_ROLE_MGMT_ROLE_OWNER

SAP_GRAC_ROLE_MGMT_USER

Please help me...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor

Hi,

Do you have a column labelled "Approval Status"? Here you should see the options for approve or reject.

The approval in AC 10.0 is signaled there rather than having a specific approval button.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for dropping those few lines...

However, my issue is not resolved.

I have the "status" column (not "approver status"), however, it cannot be updated. The columns displayed are "On hold by", "Subject", "Request type", "Priority", "Creation Date", "Due Date", "Request item", "Item processor", "status", "created by".

What I expect to see when I click on the record in question in the inbox, is a display of the details of the approver request containing one button for "approve" and "other actions". I saw these buttons in a guide i am working with.

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please help me on this.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In MSMP select process id: SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR and go to step 5 Maintain path, there in Maintain Stages column the the Stage and click on Modify Task Settings button. It will open new pop-up window there in Stage Details for Approval Type maintain "Any one Approver" and for Task Settings select Approve, Reject and others if you required and save the setting and once again save and simulate whole process and activate it.

Hope this will fix your issue.

Thanks,

Soman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback Soman.

The issue is not resolved yet. I did that, but still I cannot see the "Approve" button.

However, I observed that when I try to activate the MSMP, i get a warning with the message - "no data is maintained in table GRFNMWCNGLBESR for process SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR".

Any clue. Please help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samon,

The issue is resolved. Thanks for your input.

It actually worked. It only did not take effect for the requests that were created before.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am getting this too ("no data is maintained in table GRFNMWCNGLBESR for process SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR".)

Can you please let me know how you resovled this

Thanks

Khurram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khurram,

This is a DB table which store global escape conditions ( Approver not found .).

So in MSMP configuration of process 'SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR' , in very first step you have to configure the escape conditions .

It is an optional step so you can ignore the message as well .

Best Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am also facing the same issue "when I try to activate the MSMP, i get a warning with the message - "no data is maintained in table GRFNMWCNGLBESR for process SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR". Role requests are pending at approval stage.

Can you please let us know how did you resolve your issue.

Regards

Sasi

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Sasi

this is a warning message only

Table GRFNMWCNGLBESR is the Escape Condition configuration you can do in Step 1

For role approval, you can create an escape condition if the Approver is not found. Therfore, if your MSMP path does not find the approval you can send it down a path so you can resolve. E.g. create a path for Security or WF Admin to send the request to them so they can re-route it

It is a warning as you can continue without but it is a good idea to configure incase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for reply. I have configured the workflow with default path and with one stage (role owner approval). When we create roles, request is being sent for role owner for approval.

Role owner is able to see the request in workplace inbox. But not able to approve it. We are getting the same kind of error when we raise requests for user access also (you can see the error screen shot for access request and the same kind of error is occurring for role approval also).

All requests are stuck up at role owner for approval. Quick response is much appreciated.

Regards

Sasi

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Sasi

you error message is not related to the MSMP warning message

Perhaps, raise a new thread on this community with your error so it has visibility for other members to contribute - provide some information of:

• What SP are you on?
  • Does the error happen after the user presses approve?
  • Is this just for the Role WF approval?
  • add some screen shots of your config/what it all looks like
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for quick response Colleen. I have started new thread with subject " Approver is not able to approve the requests in grc ac 10"

Regards

Sasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

If you have tried soman's recommendation for maintaining display task setting in step 5 Maintain path for process id: SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR (check tab Approve)

Try the same step for Process ID:- SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST in step 5 for seq No 2 "GRAC_Roleowner"

and assign role owner role SAP_GRAC_ACESS_APPROVER . (If issue is related to access request at role approval level)

Regards,

Sudesh