Did you mean: 

Problem regarding SAP Project System & Material Management

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

please check our process as below:

Order confirms than sales order and project will create

material of BOM is assigned to any activity in project so these material (RM) will be procured and consumed

assign activity for all work done on material to produce FG or SFG.

confirm activity whenever any work done like fabrication done so confirm and its cost comes to WBS.

than we have to subcontracting process so dispach SFG from this and receive after activity done by third party.

than more work is done and confirm these activity. than after all work done we get FG in stock. than delivery from project.

We are facing issue in above business process of our client as below:

1. process of subcontracting using project system as we are not using production planning. how we get any SFG for subcontracting process.

2. if we confirm all activities and consume all Raw Materials than how we will get finished good in our project stock for delivery.

3. after delivery from project how sales order affects with regards to completeness of this sales document.

Please help for this.

Note: Remember we are not using PP cos customer require detailed report of these process and capacity planning etc.

Thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your replies

I have got the solution for this issue my self.

Solution is: we have to assign same FG material with +ve Quantity to same or other activity so this will consume and available for delivery via CNS0.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

One thing you can check here and that is assign FG to CJ20N, create sales order and before production try to create delivery.

It will show you material qty assigned and you can save CNS0.

If you dont want to see material qty unless project stock is available then you need to do small customization. If required I can share it so that only available stock can be seen in CNS0 and you hence you can create logical delivery from SAP.

Regards

Raghav

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

I was reading your post and I'm interested about it. Could you tell me somethings?

What kind of stock you are using?
What is the material valuation for these materials? (standard price or moving average price?)

Regards
Marcio

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raghav,

Please share the customization for reference so that me and others who wants to know will learn.

thanks a lot dear

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Marcio,

Stock we are using is project stock for this.

Material valuation is Moving for Raw material and Standard for Finished goods & Semi finished goods.

Rest What you want to know about Assembly processing let me know.

thanks

Sunil

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I want to increase my knowledge about assembly processing.

After GR by your negative reservation, how price your FG have? The standard price for material master?

How SAP determines the real price for your FG material?

The stock you are using is valuated or non-valuated?

regards

Marcio

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Marcio,

We can assume standard price of FG material as 1. determination of real price of FG material depends on Costing via Controlling Module. CO Consultant will maintain if you want material costing or WBS costing etc.

Stock we are using is valuated.

thanks

Sunil

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Can you please share how your issue get resolved & what prerequisites & settings required for the said process.

I want to run the similar process. Can you please explain it with small example using 2-3 activities, how we can consume the FG & deliver the same through CNSO.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

when you deliver Finished good so this get consumed for that WBS.

thanks

Sunil

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Assume this is my project structure & attached components. I will procure this components externally. After GRN, This components will be issued to network with 581 Q movement type.

Now we need to assemble this raw material to produce our FG, As these SFG are in our project stock. What we need to do for assembly process through PS.

Also throw some light over benefit of using PS-BOM interface ( CN33 ) for attaching material components.

Project

WBS

Network

Activity A

Gears

Qty - 1

Activity B

Blades

Qty - 2

Activity C

Stand

Qty - 1

Activity D

Connectors

Qty - 1

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CNS0 will show you those materials which are assigned to your project. If you have assigned FG as material for your project then this error will not come.

You have also asked that if you want to raise invoice after delivery of material :

You need to assign milestone to your project saying Invoice after delivery. So as soon as you do PGI for project stock then you need to confirm this activity from CJ20N. This will remove billing block from sales order so you can raise invoice.

There is also some setting by which only project stock can be seen in CNS0. If requirement , will tell you that setting too.

With Regards

Keshav

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Keshav,

I have assigned FG Material with -ve requirement quantity so that this will do GR against movement type 581 and will consume RM with +ve requirement quantity so this will GI against movement type 281 while confirmation of activity.

After confirmation of activity FG will come to Project Stock.

When we are trying to Create delivery via CNS0 so this is not picking this FG from Project Stock.

Second for Billing:

Where should i create Milestone in Project and add this project to Sales order.

How can we achive this.

Please tell me setting by which CNS0 can pick Project Stock.

Thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please guide for delivery via CNS0.

thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Keshav,

Material which is assigned to network activity with -ve requirement quantity is shown as withdraw after confirmation of activity and posted to Project stock.

how can we deliver this via CNS0.

please guide on this and please tell me config for this.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u are not using milestone billing and not delivery related billing then u r only using 2 milestones as DP and Final Invoice ?

If this is the case then assign milestone to CJ20N , copy them in sales order.

Do delivery from project CNSO and create delivery note after PGI.

Regards

Keshav

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when we are doing CNS0 we are gettng "No data was selected with the selection criteria entered". why this is coming where as FG is available in Project stock.

please guide on this.

thanks

Sunil

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please maintain SFG and FG materials with negative quantity in the network for goods receipt. SFG should be also planned with positive quantity for consumption to FG.

for further details please refer sap help on material planning in projects.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please maintain SFG and FG materials with negative quantity in the network for goods receipt. SFG should be also planned with positive quantity for consumption to FG.

>

> for further details please refer sap help on material planning in projects.

Hi Abdul,

we can maintain SFG and FG also but my concern is about subcontracting and SFG or FG comes in project stock after any work done.

how we get SFG from this to project stock and subcontract this to third party for further work done and than inhouse work and than we do assembly than this will leads to finished goods in project stock for delivery. how this will executed via Project System.

please guide

thanks

Sunil

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> how we get SFG from this to project stock and subcontract this to third party for further work done and than inhouse work and than we do assembly than this will leads to finished goods in project stock for delivery. how this will executed via Project System.

l

It is not possible to handle normal MM Sub-contracting functions for Special Stocks (Project Stock / "Q" Stock) - It is mentioned clearly in SAP Help. You need to go for work around by creating an additional Storage Location or Plant as Vendor / Sub-Contractor. The details of this solution is available in SDN Wiki. please search for that.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

we are currently doing as follows:

in BOM we are maintaining Subcontracting material and transfer this BOM to FG with -ve quantity assigned activity in project. this will create PR + reservation for WBS.Using PR we have to do subcontracting process and receive SFG to project stock. than this will be consumed while confirming that activity so FG will receive on that WBS as project stock and consume all RM & SFG material attached in BOM of that FG.

please tell me is this the correct way for doing this process.

one more thing we are doing this we will receive FG but we are not able to create delivery from project via CNS0.

please guide for this.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are doing correct process.

For CNS0, please ensure that material availability check has been carried out. Then only you can see materials list to be delivered.

Regards,

Mahendra

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahender,

where can i check material availability check to be carried out in CNS0.

Please suggest .

thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please check below steps of my scenario which we are executing:

1 After project creation we have to assign Assembly Item (FG) with -ve quantity so that we can GR after confirmation of activity.

2 BOM transfer via CN33 to get all RM with +ve quantity.

3 than we have to confirm this activity and do GR/GI for this. So RM will be consumed and FG will do GR in Project Stock.

Now my problem is that we have FG in Project Stock and trying to create delivery via CNS0

this is giving this below message

No data was selected with the selection criteria entered

Message no. OK021

Diagnosis

No entries were found which match the selection criteria you entered.

Procedure

Check whether the values you entered are valid.

while in MBBS this is showing Stock against project.

Please guide us for further error check and Process.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding 3rd question , if your billing is milestone then that can be assigned at project and copied to Sales Order. So delivery of goods from project CNS0 is not related to billing. Both are independent cycles.

Regards

Keshav

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Thanks for your reply.

we are not using milestone, we use only down payment and than final billing, but when we deliver from project CNS0 so project stock will decrease and than PGI via VL01N so this will not affect on sales order so how can we bill without delivery from sales order. sales order doesnot show any document flow for this delivery.

please help..

Thanks

Sunil