cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JCo Clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed SAP Business Connector 4.8 for one of our ECC 6 EHP 4 systems (without AS JAVA) and maintained all the settings for SAP server and listener in adapter settings. I have also maintained correct settings in SAPBC rfc in SM59. The SAPBC is working fine for the xml documents. The client also wants an external Java application to be able to call up the SAP system for business reasons. Now in help.sap.com page "http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/1bd5c6a85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/content.htm" its written that "SAP JCo is automatically installed when you use SAP Business Connector or SAP Web Application Server for Java." Since I have already installed SAP BC, the JCo should have got installed automatically (I checked LD_LIBPATH, no entry for jco path there, also no classpath is set). How do I check whether this has happened or not? I am dealing with JCo as well as BC for the first time and don't have much idea about them. When the JAVA team is trying to do some work on this, they are getting the below error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: JCO.Client not connected in repository call

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Repository.getVersion(JCO.java:17820)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Repository.queryFunctionInterface(JCO.java:18148)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Repository.queryFunctionInterface(JCO.java:17881)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Repository.getFunctionInterface(JCO.java:17991)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$BasicRepository.getFunctionTemplate(JCO.java:17062)

Also, I am getting the below output for the mentioned command:

sapqat01.putnaminv.com:ecqadm 210> java -jar /opt/sapbc48/server/packages/SAP/code/jars/static/sapjco3.jar -stdout

The java class could not be loaded. java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/sap/conn/jco/rt/About) bad major version at offset=6

We are currently running jre 1.4.2, so there is a mismatch in the version in which jco was compiled. What JCO or SAP BC version should I use in this case?

Your help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Vikash Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the below file is present that means the JCo is installed.

/opt/sapbc48/server/packages/SAP/code/jars/static/sapjco3.jar

Now what you can can do for java miss match is check installing the the version it needs to run.

Set the env at session level, for Java home to point new java and again run the command you mentioned .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I already tried setting the environment variable in the session before executing the command. Still the same problem.

Anyways, Now I have removed the SAP BC 4.8 and gone for SAP BC 4.7 which is compatible with java 1.4.2.

Best Regards,

Vikash Chandra

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikas,

I hope, the below link should help you.

Link Removed: asset deleted

Thanks,

Hamendra

Edited by: Jason Lax on Feb 1, 2012 11:21 AM

Answers (0)