cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Sender JDBC communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have an interface in which we are fetching data from SQL database through sender JDBC communication channel.

Last week SQL server was upgraded from 2000 to 2008 and the communication channel has stopped working and is giving the following error:

Database-level error reported by JDBC driver while executing statement 'SELECT * FROM mstemp_tbl WHERE Active='0''. The JDBC driver returned the following error message: 'java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]The incoming tabular data stream (TDS) remote procedure call (RPC) protocol stream is incorrect. Parameter 1 (""): Data type 0x38 is unknown.'. For details, contact your database server vendor.

Please let me know if any JDBC drivers are to be installed for SQL 2008 or how can we resolve this.

Thanks,

NJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was no need for me to reload the drivers for SQL 2008 rather I changed the JDBC Driver details & Connection details for SQL 2008 in communication channel and the problem was resolved.

Thanks,

NJ

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You've specified that you've upgraded to SQL2008 server. But, the error that you are getting is related to SQL 2000. Since the driver is not able to understand the TDS of new version you are getting that error. Try to reload the drivers specific to SQL 2008 it may help you.

Regards

Priyaka

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nishu,

You need to upgrade your JDBC Drivers.You can download the fro the link provided above and upgrade.

Regards,

NAveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may need to update your JDBC driver to 1.2 or 2.0. Kindly see supportability matrix on this link (question #2):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/cc325721

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The upgraded SQl server is of third party from which we are picking the data...do we still need to upgrade drivers of our PI system to resolve the error?

Regards,

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NJ,

Yes, you need to request your Basis Team to install the updated JDBC driver for SQLServer2008 in the PI system.

Regards,

Jenny