Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement of more quantity than required in case of non stock items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Requirement is given below.

I have one maintenance order with non stock item category N for quantity 5 pieces which is actual need.But user wants to procure 50 pieces against order and consume 5 pieces and rest will keep as stock.

But in case of procurement against non stock item the moment we received the Goods (GR), all procurement quantity will goes to consumption account and postings will happen accordingly.Correct me if i am wrong.

Now my requirement is to keep the remaining stock 45 pieces (5 pieces consumed against actual need) as stock and to be consumed whenever there is a need.Can it possible to keep as stock in storage location which was procured against order as non stock item.

How can i resolve this issue.

Please somebody can help me.<<Text removed>>

Thanks in advance.

Reddiy.A.V

Edited by: Matt on Oct 12, 2011 6:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you mentioned, non stock items will get consumed immediately once you do GR. Its not possible to get that in stock. You should define those materials as stock items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maheswaran,

Thanks for your early reply.

As consumption accounts are already posted, how can i create those as stock items.

Could you pls explain in detail.

Thx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the orders which you consumed, do the reversal of that material document. Also create one GR for the qty which has been returned to vendor & keeping the stock to storage location.

In future, define those as stock items, so that this work around won't be required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question resolved.

Thank you

Thread closed.

Edited by: reddiy on Feb 9, 2012 1:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all.

Regards

R.D.I